Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
they're well into the "go fuck yourself" category I need no more evidence.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
When all this calms down, I'm going to email, snail mail, and call them to let them know how much of my money they won't be seeing and other polite things.

There's a FB page for boycotting them.

·
Hophead
77,678 Posts
so everyone agrees that individuals selling stuff at inflated prices is smart business (see the "it's not price gouging" thread) but business' doing it are wrong? :confused:

·
Registered
104 Posts
so everyone agrees that individuals selling stuff at inflated prices is smart business (see the "it's not price gouging" thread) but business' doing it are wrong? :confused:
To a point I think it would depend on the increase that someone like CTD was seeing from a distributor/maker on their per unit cost on current orders vs. the guy that is trying to sell 10-15 Pmag for double their retail.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Depends on how they're marketing it. If you're telling customers a ban is pending, so buy buy buy, you'll never have another chance, while jacking up the prices, I'm not cool with that. If you're just selling .223 for $1/round and letting people make up their own mind, that's a different story.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
When individuals place items for auction (Ex: Gunbroker) and morons drive the price thru the roof, I have no problem with that. When retailers take advantage of a situation, by going up on the price of items by 200-500 percent... I take issue with that.

Whatever you'd like to call it, shitty business/price gouging/free market, it's shining a light on who could give a shit about sportsmen, shooting enthusiasts, collectors and who is really in it for the money.

Maybe I'm a little old fashioned and out of touch.

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
If they wish to price themselves out of business they should be free to do so, even if people are going all 'Occupy Wallstreet' on them. I'm sure their competitors are willing to pickup the slack.

·
Registered
936 Posts
This crossed my mind too,

When individuals place items for auction (Ex: Gunbroker) and morons drive the price thru the roof, I have no problem with that. When retailers take advantage of a situation, by going up on the price of items by 200-500 percent... I take issue with that.

Whatever you'd like to call it, shitty business/price gouging/free market, it's shining a light on who could give a shit about sportsmen, shooting enthusiasts, collectors and who is really in it for the money.

Maybe I'm a little old fashioned and out of touch.
however this has my little brain confused. I see it as everyone saying the company should sell at normal prices so individuals can buy 100s of mags per order and turn around and sell it on Gun Broker with them knowing full well what they can make.

Maybe CTD and other businesses in times like these should stop selling through their store and only sell their stuff on GB.com Would that be acceptable?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
tried to place an order with CTD. they do this nifty thing of not stocking everything in one wherehouse. then they charge exorbitant shipping rates for some stuff frome wherehouse "A" "B" "D" etc. for some simple items that i ordered i was gonna pay almost as much in shipping as i was for the items.

ended up cancelling the order and got everything from Cabella's for a slightly higher initial price but after calculating shipping it was acutually MUCH cheaper.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
This crossed my mind too,

however this has my little brain confused. I see it as everyone saying the company should sell at normal prices so individuals can buy 100s of mags per order and turn around and sell it on Gun Broker with them knowing full well what they can make.

Maybe CTD and other businesses in times like these should stop selling through their store and only sell their stuff on GB.com Would that be acceptable?:rolleyes:
Nope. I see it as a responsibility to their customers. If they can jack up prices that fast, they could place purchase limits on items just as fast. Besides, the sellers of panic items on GB don't have a business reputation to uphold. CTD and the like... they do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts