Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yup, thats how I read the preferred alternative #3 in the SEIS....

Barrett
Deer Valley
Long Canyon
Mule Canyon
Strawberry
Squaw Ridge
all closed until the meadow issue is fixed, and per their document

It would likely take a number of years for Alternatives 3 or 4 to result in all routes
meeting S&G #100.

65% of the 4WD high country roads and 90% of the high country motorcylce trails....closed until they are fixed.

enjoy
Eldorado - Home

·
16,230 Posts
The forest service does oral:

Oral:
Oral comments must be provided at the Responsible Official’s office during normal business hours via telephone (530) 622-5061 or in person, or at an official agency function (public meeting) that is designed to elicit public comments. To assure eligibility to object if the administrative review process is used, comments should be written rather than oral.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
If they want to close all the trails to motorized traffic, this is the perfect way to do it. By restricting trails by 65-90%, you increase travel on remaining trails by 65-90% causing them to deteriorate even faster. This higher rate of deterioration then becomes the evidence needed to show that motorized vehicles destroy the trails, leaving them with no other course of action but to close all the trails. It is the perfect plan.

·
"All Weeee Drive!"
12,033 Posts
If they want to close all the trails to motorized traffic, this is the perfect way to do it. By restricting trails by 65-90%, you increase travel on remaining trails by 65-90% causing them to deteriorate even faster. This higher rate of deterioration then becomes the evidence needed to show that motorized vehicles destroy the trails, leaving them with no other course of action but to close all the trails. It is the perfect plan.
I've been saying that for years (actually said it at one of the Route Designation meetings, as well as letters sent in).

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,747 Posts
That is what happened to the Rubicon after Bassi falls was closed. Lots higher use.

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I doubt it will be "years". With budgets & lawsuits it will be permanent.:(
I would agree with that.
and in their document it even says 2-10 years

Most of the 18 routes that do not meet Standard & Guideline (S&G) #100 will likely not
do so for a number of years. The primary reason is that a detailed plan of corrective
actions (to attain compliance with S&G #100) for most of the 18 routes does not
currently exist, and would require 2 - 10 years to both develop and implement. The 18
routes are: 09N01, 09N08, 09N82 (16E26), 09N83 (19E01), 09N95, 10N01, 10N13
(17E73), 10N14, 10N21 (16E27), 10N98, 11N23F (16E33), 11N26F (16E21), 11NY32,
14N39, 17E16, 17E19, 17E24, and 17E28.

·
Premium Member
3,948 Posts
Couldn't the trail users get together and address the issues? Or is it too big of a problem?

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Couldn't the trail users get together and address the issues? Or is it too big of a problem?
I think it is more of a percieved problem than a real problem. yet 20 of the 240 comments specificly stated

I would like to volunteer time to work on maintaining and
improving these routes/Recommend partnerships with OHV
user groups to do work on the roads and trails to reduce
erosion, protect sensitive areas.

we would do what it takes...I do not think that will happen though

·
Premium Member
3,948 Posts
I think it is more of a percieved problem
Is it about a trail going through a meadow that it has been going through for many decades without problems,and now it's suddenly a problem? I heard that was going on up there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts