Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to be mounting a 103gal "L" shaped steel delta transfer tank on the steel flatbed of my truck.

what is the best way to go about this? it looks like the brackets that are factory welded to the tank suggest that tank "floor" is actually supposed to stay off the bed floor to minimize rubbing? best install methods to prevent cracking?

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
im going to be mounting a 103gal "L" shaped steel delta transfer tank on the steel flatbed of my truck.

what is the best way to go about this? it looks like the brackets that are factory welded to the tank suggest that tank "floor" is actually supposed to stay off the bed floor to minimize rubbing? best install methods to prevent cracking?
Mine isn't a L shaped one, but I put some oak boards on my flatbed and screwed them down with some countersunk screws to the deck. Then I put the tank on top of those and built a bracket out of some angle that goes across the top back corner of the tank. It has pipe welded to each end of it for threaded rod clamps to go through. They go down to brackets at the bottom of the headache rack and then get tightened down. Really holds it nicely.

I'm sure my explanation was about as clear as mud. I will try and get some pics up today sometime.

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
Here ya go...

0119170846a.jpg

0119170846.jpg

0119170846b.jpg

I used one board under each end and one in the middle. Makes it nice to powerwash junk out from under the tank. My headache rack doesn't have a plate across the front either, so that helps too. I can just wash the shit forward to the gap between my cab and bed.

·
Registered
11,202 Posts
my flatbed had one on it but PO took it off when he sold it to me, just had little 1" long bits of angle iron welded on the flatbed, standing up so they held both sides of the corners of the tank. Only two of them, and the tank sat against the front bulkhead/headache rack
Nothing actually holding it "down" but you could easily make up some straps that go over the top of the whole shebang and are tensioned with bolts.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats a nice setup with the compressor on top....i like it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts