Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
trying to mount my solenoid for my xd9000? i would like to mount it in the hood (even w/ it) area or any other cool spot.. any pics would be welcome or ideas...thanks
85 4runner w/ efi

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,008 Posts
For my REP8000 I mounted the SOlenoid on top of the TJM bumper, behind some Hell 500 lights.

IMHO - mouht it under the hood and hard wire a controller into the cab. At dangerous times when you often need a winch NOW, you do not want to he screwing with digging the controller out of the tool box, then having to open the hood to hook it up...

·
Registered
342 Posts
hmm, i know the cables thats on my m8000 werent long enuff to reach to be mounted inside, but ive had no problems with it being external, mounted on the bull bar , but i would mount it as high as it will go, and leave it alone, unless u plan on submerging your rig in a river

·
Registered
777 Posts
northpole85 said:
hmm, i know the cables thats on my m8000 werent long enuff to reach to be mounted inside, but ive had no problems with it being external, mounted on the bull bar , but i would mount it as high as it will go, and leave it alone, unless u plan on submerging your rig in a river

you need to go to autozone or some place and get longer batt. cables:p

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I used to have mine under the hood right next to the battery.

Go down to a welding shop and buy some fine strand welding cable and ends,
and you can make your own cables to length.

Jay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts