Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
because, since you geniuses have it all figured out, you should know:flipoff2:

i have driven it on its side so much that i have noticed i get the side of the box pretty banged up and its venerable with hoses sticking out the side. one time i had clay/dirt packed all on the side of the box and you could barely see it. you see, i really wheel my rig, and hard, so i guess my experience doesnt relate to most people on this board.

but its a good thing yall are here to set everyone straight:flipoff2:

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
a2b said:
because, since you geniuses have it all figured out, you should know:flipoff2:

i have driven it on its side so much that i have noticed i get the side of the box pretty banged up and its venerable with hoses sticking out the side. one time i had clay/dirt packed all on the side of the box and you could barely see it. you see, i really wheel my rig, and hard, so i guess my experience doesnt relate to most people on this board.

but its a good thing yall are here to set everyone straight:flipoff2:
:laughing: Good one! Some just have/had cabs in the way of the box is all.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I sleeved mine with some tube and plug welded the snot out of it. Didn't think butt welding some solid stock would be as strong or as straight.
heres how i did mine...sleeve and then plug weld the shit out of it

·
Registered
33 Posts
why not just use a fj60 box and have the pitman facing forward?
Or FJ80, in Australia at least the FJ80 boxes go cheaper than IFS, i personally would rather spend the extra on one of these boxes than hack the shit out of the rad mount :eek: :barf: and youll get the drag link farther foward than you ever will with the IFS box.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have a question. I was thinking about doing a flat pitman arm for my steering box and I wanted to be sure what the pros and cons are.
I know it gives a better steering angle I'm sure because the IFS steering box has to be mounted level on the frame instead of sideways

41 - 47 of 47 Posts