Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you living in Arizona and who are Hardcore wheelers, What trails are in the area?
I know of a few, but not too familiar with the trail system and need some hook up on trails and clubs in the area. I will be doing more research and getting a few maps and books, but would like to get some personnal input.

I am originally used to running Penrose (Patriot/Independence) and other trails. This is the type I am in search of. Wood Pecker/ rattler etc. Looks Like i will be working in Gilbert Az.
It's not a trailered rig yet, so I would be driving it to the trails in Az! Freek'n HOT~~~~!!!!

Mud~

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Well, the wheeling around the Phoenix area is basically broken up into 3 major sections.

The North section.. out of the city on 17 up to Table Mesa turnoff. Table Mesa has (to name a few) Lower and Upper Terminator, Raw Deal, Judgement Day, Predator, Anaconda, Annihilator, 6th Day.. more.

The East section.. out of the city on the 60 over to Florence Junction. Upper and Lower Woodpecker, Upper and Lower Ajax mine trail, Axle Alley, Martinez, Highway to Hell.. more.. it's late.

The West Side. Out the city west on the 10 till ya get to the White Tanks. Asylum, Tax Collector, Scorpion, Upper and Lower Firebird .. and on.. and on..

There are more than enough trails within 30 miles of Phoenix to keep almost ANY 4wheeler happy. Once again.. I've left out PLENTY of trails.. yes.. I know.. thank you. Sleepy time...

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
been here for 7 mths so far. YOU WILL FAWKIN LOVE IT!!!

There's more trails here than moab, easily... and most of em are pretty hard, and new ones are popping up all the time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vermin~ Thanks, but you already knew that!:flipoff2:

Thanks to everyone and look forward to meeting you when I arrive!

What local clubs are in the area?

jonny blaze~ Now that's funny since my name is Chris V.

Mud~

·
Registered
2,419 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Mudnyrey1 said:

Thanks to everyone and look forward to meeting you when I arrive!

What local clubs are in the area?

Mud~
As far as hardcore clubs that have Toyotas in them, BTG rockcrawlers is about it. Club membership is by invitation only, but our runs are open to anyone with the right equipment. The stuff we run usually requires 37"+ tires, lockers front and rear, crawler gears and a winch. If you like rock crawling, Phoenix is the place. Definately the best rocks and rockcrawlers in the country. The trails here can range from scenic rides to just plain sick. Guys like smalltimewheeler's "friend"
and Chris have definately raised the bar as far as what trails are considered "difficult" with trails like Asylum, 6th day, and Matrix/BTG. Look us up when you get to town. You are gonna love wheeling here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
nozuk~ Thanks for the pics~ Now that's what I'm talking about! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zags~

I will definately look you guys up when I finally get situated in town.
My Toy Buggy is set up with the following that you had mentioned an am working on some 37". It's a full Xo cage and bobbed flat bed, and plenty of travel. I have an onboard welder and Air, and you know the regular stuff.
You guy's have a site or contact number to hook up?

Your group sounds interesting and would like to hit some trails with ya. I'm sure your aware of the trails that we have here!:flipoff2: "Dropping into Penrose in the snow ;)

Durring the summer, you guy's usually run night runs because of the heat durring the day?

Mud~

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Mudnyrey1 said:

You guy's have a site or contact number to hook up?

Durring the summer, you guy's usually run night runs because of the heat durring the day?

Mud~
The website is still in the works, too busy wheeling. :D
Just PM one of us when you get in town, we are always on the BB.
We do both night and day runs year 'round. Just make sure you have some type of top on your rig for summer. We just start a little earlier in the morning in the summer and try to be back in the tow rigs before It hits 105*.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Zags Wrote:

We just start a little earlier in the morning in the summer and try to be back in the tow rigs before It hits 105*.
Sucks to be me!:mad:

UnfortunatelyI don't have a tow rig yet! Hope that won't be too much of a problem as I may lag a little behind! Not to mention look like this at the end of the day! :mad:

Doors will be removed from the cab and the tubed doors on! I will buy one of those 12v fans with a water spray~ :rolleyes:

:D Mud~

1 - 14 of 14 Posts