Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
here's a little background on my truck:

bought in november 08, 1998 Tacoma SR5, 144k miles, and grandpa fresh. took it to the snow and highlakes area a few times, decided i wanted a solid axle.

so i went from this:

to this, in about a month

that was in august of 09, its been slowly built up since then to this point

added bumpers front and rear, bobbed the bed 13", sliders, 37" mtr's, duals, hydro assist, and a winch.

then, about a month ago we were headed up for an early snow run when this happened

I was planning on doing the 1ton/3link swap soon anyway, but this kinda forced my hand. so in the spirit of progress, i cut everything off.

this is what i'm working with so far

the basic plan is front 3 link using a HP Ford 60, run a 14 bolt in the rear and keep the 63" chevy springs, and for wheels and tires i'm going to run 40" MTR kevlars with allied beadlocks.

stay tuned

·
Registered
924 Posts
nice dude, iv been waiting. i had no idea how clean your truck was when it was still ifs..:eek:. i dont think i knew you then. now i dont have to come over to see the progress, i can just sit on my ass :flipoff2:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not really setting a deadline. I would love to go to hammers, but I don't see that happening. Ultimately I'd like to catch the end of snow season, so I'm thinking around mid march.

Yea Matt, it was almost as clean as yours :)

·
Registered
924 Posts
was yours turtle waxed haha? when i got it, mine was waxed in places i didnt think possible. and he threatened me with keeping it waxed. nice guy but total tool.

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
How did you wreck that thing? Was that on road going to or from the trail? You cant post pics with that much carnage and no story!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
was yours turtle waxed haha? when i got it, mine was waxed in places i didnt think possible. and he threatened me with keeping it waxed. nice guy but total tool.
waxed, dash mat, hood visor, camper, everything you could think of!!

pretty much up on a dirt road heading to my friends cabin, ive been getting that truck sideways around corners for years, but for some reason i hit a gnarly ice patch going around 30 and smacked some trees. wear your seatbelt.

·
Premium Member
4,525 Posts
looks like it did last time i was over there. so ima say its up to date.

hows the 6011 on the trailblazer for all those welds?

·
Registered
93 Posts
figured this was coming sooner or later. that thing was clean. i wonder who will finish first, your front 3 or matts rear end...

by the next time im able to come home both of these hoes better be done

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
got a little bit done today, got the top of the frame boxed in for a smooth transition

got the fish plates done on both sides

finally got the welder i'm using dialed in, up until now i was using the auto set and it never ran smooth. i didnt want shitty welds on the fish plates, so i took some time and found the right settings.

got a pretty good start on my motor mounts today too, hopefully tomorrow i'll get those done and re do the transfer case cross member:homer:

1 - 20 of 231 Posts