Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw lots of subjects on this but never a definite answer-I also called the MSD techline and they were not sure.

I have a 22r in my rail-buggy--I want to hook up the MSD offroad box to a stock 20r Toy single vac magnetic pickup dizzy--I do not have the Toy ign box and I could care less about the tach signal(no tach in the buggy)--On the MSD box the green and purple wires are for magnetic pickup--The Toy dizzy has a red and white wire.

Does anyone know which wires connect to each other?

Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
170 Posts
I was told that if you hooked it up backwards it wouldn't run as good, but on mine it ran the same no matter which wire went to which on the distributer, and if you can find the wire for the tach in the wire harness (i couldn't) it just plugs into the end of the msd box.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dasumax

thanks to you i had no fear of hooking it up wrong and melting something.

i hooked the red to purple and grn to white- set the static timing and it ran like poo- ran like the choke was stuck closed.

then hooked the purple to white and green to red and it runs like a champ:D :D

thanks

·
Registered
853 Posts
What probably happens with it backwards is the single sinewave pulse goes negative first then positive. Depending on the pulse shaper on the input of the ignition box, some might work some wouldn't. I'm guessing, I've never actually looked at it on a scope, but I know of other induction pickups that work like that. The ones that work would only have a small timing difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts