Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2015 MSU 500 side by side that is fuel injected. It doesnt want to rev over 4k now. When i first got it it could rev up to 6k but it would go for a bit then act like it was running out of fuel. Now it wont go up to 4k rpms and its starts running poorly sounding like its missing. I pulled the intake off at the throttle body and it sprays back fuel onto my hand. I have checked the cam timing multiple times and its correct. I have checked the compression which is at 160 psi. I have no engine codes. I changed the MAP sensor because it was damaged and changed out the TPS because i had an extra to to see. The spark plug is new but its already black after a very short time of running. I unscrewed the dip stick and when i started it the dipstick shot out. (not sure if thats normal with small engines) I Tested the fuel pressure which was at 45 psi from idle to 4k. It starts up really easily and idles just fine. Some help would be great!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i figured it out. There are two timing marks on the bottom. I timed it to the wrong one and then add in the fact the angle i was looking at it from threw it off two teeth. Moved the timing two teeth and it runs great. Hope this helps someone in the future.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts