Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about running either coil-overs or Air shocks for a while now but one of my biggest questions is how mud effects them. I run into just about everything and don't want it to tear up seals like mad. Is anyone running them that plays in the mud? How does it effect them besides more frequent rebuilds for seals?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
two years, mud all the time, no seal leaks, some wear in the end heims, but working fine.

SAW 2" x 16 remotes.

Tim.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. Anyone else have any stories?

·
Premium Member
10,037 Posts
Whiteknight uses them and goes through all kinds of nasty mud...I'd talk to him

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
The Fox air shocks for trucks might have a better seal, but around here on mt bikes nobody runs air shocks because the mud eats the seals and then they leak air.

I don't see how a non-air coilover would have any more seal issues than a regular shock since it's using a coil spring instead of high pressure air.

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
Muttrk said:
Thanks for the input. Anyone else have any stories?
This one time, at band camp........

I have air shocks, and they see some mud. I have only had them on for 3 months so I can't tell you much other than they don't leak yet.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
BillaVista said:
The instructions that came with my Airshox said something about...errr...washing them ...when there is dirt buildup :D
Dirt buildup, huh? Sounds like the instructions were written in Cali :D

I'm very interested in how yours hold up over time, I'm sure you'll keep us posted :)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the input again. I'm sitting in Iraq trying to plan my rig mods when I get home.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Jim remember our mud has alot more sand in it than other places. Hey, flexed out the Zebra the other day about 5 ft under the rear tire. I think we could of got more Rick is gona send you a pic. Keep your head down:usa: :usa: :beer:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts