Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
looks pretty sweet. i should have built a frame like that for mine. maybe next time. how bout some specs motor h/p internals, trans and case

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a mark IV 454 bored .100 over. 4.250 stroke crank, stock heads ported alittle. 850 holley ultra msd ignition with a 7000 pill. dynoed at 540 hp and 589 ft lbs. since then I have went with a bigger cam and some dome top pistons. might have picked up alittle bit of power. the tranny is just a nv4500. Profab transfer case with a 1.545 to 1 gear. Rockwells and 54 inch boggers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
stock clutch?
Yes im running stock clutch now. I was running a center force clutch with the factory throwout bearing but the throwout bearing kept going out in about 5 hours after i would put it in so i put the factory clutch back in and it has done good so far.

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
You need to cut the boggers and I bet it would help out alot.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just watched your video, and when I first saw your build, I was thinking Briggs.

Your build looks good man, keep it up... :smokin: Hopefully sometime this year I'll get mine on the trails and meet up with ya'll sometime

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Im curious as to why run the 54" DOT boggers, when you can run V-treads that cost about the same, weigh about the same, and give twice the traction?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I just watched your video, and when I first saw your build, I was thinking Briggs.

Your build looks good man, keep it up... :smokin: Hopefully sometime this year I'll get mine on the trails and meet up with ya'll sometime
yea briggs lives down the road from me. We are going to jacksonville sat to play alittle bit. Where are you located at?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im curious as to why run the 54" DOT boggers, when you can run V-treads that cost about the same, weigh about the same, and give twice the traction?
Boggers are alot more forgivining on stock axles. I break plenty of them with 54s. I am in the process of getting 2" oversons then i will break out some v treads.

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
Only advantage I can see is if you need that dot stamp, or less traction. It should seem obvious, but I was still a little surprised at really how much more an ag tires hooks up over a bogger. Hell, when I switched out the first thing I did with that extra traction was twist the back half of my NP435 in half...never seen that before :laughing:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts