1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out on The Farm
By Matt Wright

“A day in the life of a Skinner-Backin’ *******”
The day it began was January 11, 2003. I was at my mom’s house with my friend Joe and we were bored out of our minds. I called Chadd to see what he was up to, and he told me that his friend BA and him were going to go mudding. He told him that he had to fix the Gray truck that he has first. The Gray truck is a 1978 Chevy K20 4x4 with a sm465 4 speed transmission, np203 full time transfer case, 5.7L 350 small block motor, and 33” Tractor tires. He needed to rig up the ignition on it, so that it would start up. They were going to go and play in the pond. I got jealous, and talked my mom into letting me bring my truck out.

I have a 1978 Chevy K10 4x4. It is equipped with a 10” Superlift Suspension lift, 3” body lift, 2” front lift wedges, 14ff locked, 4.56 gears, np203 transfer case, Part time transfer case gear, sm465 4 speed transmission, Big Block 402 crate motor, big cam, and a Moroso motor dress up kit. The truck also has a K&N filter, Heddman Headers, Dual glasspack exhausts, chrome roll bar, chrome grill, Warn Classic winch bumper, rear drop bumper, bucket seats, 39.5x18x15 Super Swamper Boggers, 15x14 Eaton Chrome wheels, and CARR steps. I hadn’t really gotten it muddy for a while.

We got my truck out to the farm and then we started to work on the Gray truck to get it goin. We had to rig up a power switch and a push button ignition on her. We got that done, and then we went over to the camper with the intention of going to bed. But we just ended up talking a ton, and then we started seeing the sun come up. So we headed on back up to his grandparents’ house to get some breakfast. Joe and I passed out on the reclining chairs, but B.A. and Chadd just stayed up most of the time. We got up and out at about 9:00AM, and got started.
We finished with the gray truck by taking the battery out of the 300zx, and putting it in the truck. We then aired up the tires, and put more air in My tires, because my front tires were low. I had trouble getting mine to start because I have a Quadrajet Carbeurator, and they are junk. I hate it.

Once I got my truck running and warmed up, I took it down to the field where the pond is. I drove over to the pond to see how it was, and it was still pretty frozen. There was about 2” of frozen mud on top, and the rest was just clay. It was the type of clay that we use in our art classes. Chadd’s brother CJ, and I played around a little bit, stirring up the mud. I started to make some ruts by the time they all got down there, and Chadd got a little ____y, just as I did later.

He got on the edge of the pond, and slowly went in. Then he hit it! He gassed that truck like it was a race car, and those tractor tires dug like crazy. But the problem was that they didn’t dig forward, they dug down! He got stuck right off the bat.

He kept on gassing the open differentials, throwing mud all over the place, until the motor died. I am not sure yet, but I do believe that he blew the motor. I kept on playing, but I didn’t have a lot of room, so I had to go over the same place every time. My truck is really heavy, and it began to dig down. Chadd was riding with me, and he asked for me to get in front of his truck to pull him out. I then said that I’d take one more pass through the mud, and then I’d try to pull him out.

Well that pass never got accomplished exactly how it was planned. I went through backwards with a little bit of trouble, but not a lot, and then started to come back. I was originally going to go around the pond to the other side, but decided against it. At the last moment, I jerked the truck over to the middle of the pond, and took it to the other side. But I was going to fast, and my steering wasn’t helping me at all. I tried to turn to the right to miss the trees, but failed, and had to stop my truck. I then went in reverse to go around the tree, but I couldn’t go forward. I sunk down in the mud, and was stuck. I stuck my truck that has 13-15” lift, and 39.5 Boggers. We tried everything to get me out, but I just kept on sinking.

I ended up being stuck all the way down to the frame, and I broke a few things. My power steering cap came off, I lost a lift wedge, broke both front U joints, bent my front bumper horribly, broke my tow hook, and messed up my tailpipe. We spent three days straight trying to get my truck out before it snowed, and I got trouble for missing curfew trying to get it out.

We ended up braking the John Deere tractor, and also got it stuck like 3 times. We used one of Chadd’s hookups to get a tow truck out there. They used a 30,000lb PTO winch, and a snatchblock to lift it up, and then pull it out. And I also got a lot of horse ____ on my Tahoe. So to sum it up, Chadd got stuck, I got stuck, Chadd broke, I broke, and the Deere was wounded as well. BUT IT WAS FUN AS HELL!!!

“SKINNER BACK!!”

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I must say that was the LONGEST and most worthless post I've ever read! That's 3 minutes of my life that I will never have back. Thems there big ti'rs dun didn' git ya'lls out'n that thar big ol' mud pit, thas jes tew bad.

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Who pissed in everyones Cheerios. At least when he says 13-15" of lift he isn't just heading to the mall with it.

Everyone bitchin tell me you haven't done this once! Because if you are into wheelin you got you ass stuck for being stupid and playing at least once.

Sweet pics by the way. Now go to your room :flipoff2: newbie

·
Registered
809 Posts
Originally posted by Aquaman 2�Efront lift wedges, I lost a lift wedge,
Ya think thats why they're illegal in some states, I hope you dont drive that fawkin' P.O.S. on the road, if that front lift block, uh, wedge came out on the road you could have killed somebody. I run across people everyday that come up with creative names for front lift blocks, because they KNOW they are wrong but they use them anyway. WTF dont you guys understand, do it right or leave that shit parked next to your trailer.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.