Pirate 4x4 banner

261 - 270 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Electric fans will work great, my bro in law runs one on his 72 k5 with a cammed big block and we hit trails in desert heat and he doesn't overheat.

Oops went tarded didn't tealize this this was like 4 years ago.
4 years ago? Are you smoking crack. My electric fan has only been on the truck for 7 months....

Since this was bumped, I'll update it. I found out the hard way that you can't put 12 volts to a cs130 alternator or you'll burn it up. So I have a new regulator ready to go in.

The carb issue, I tapped on the carb with a dead blow and got it to quit dumping fuel, but the rear throttle blades are seized up so I'm just gonna take it apart to clean it out.

This weekend I pulled the truvk in the shop and pulled the axles apart to regear them. Wish me luck, I've never regeared anything nor have I seem someone regear anythjng.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Was referring to the overall age of thread, figured you definitely would have had them on already (which you did)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
It's about time for an update.

I swapped on a new carb and a new set of plugs and the truck runs much better now. The 454 is quite impressive.

I got the dovetail finished a couple weeks ago and it turned out awesome. I am very happy with how easy it was.

I got the gears and welded different in the rear awhile back and that went well. The Dana 60 wasn't near as easy to setup but it has all new parts in it now. I'm loving the spartan locker so far, It is working but I can't even hear it click.

Now to the exhaust, I hate it. I used the same glass packs that were on the 350 and it sounded good, but they sound like shit with the 454. So I guess I'm gonna run a bigger exhaust and put some Flowmasters on it in the future.

There is something bad going on with the transmission. Something is causing it to overheat which in turn caused it to catch on fire at a local mud bog. I've checked the cooler and it isn't plugged so I guess I'm down to desision, do I rebuild the th350, swap to a th400, or swap to a sm465? What's your all input?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
Old thread i know, but any updates?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
I have done a few things to the rig since the last pics were taken.

5.38 gears have been installed
Spartan locker in the front
Filled the roller 454 with water and took out the bottom end
Replaced 454 with a flat tappet 454 that has a wrist pin knocking
Sold the 44s and went back to 39.5 boggers
The rear end has been doved at this point also

Ill get pics up here in a bit. I need to get this mofo on the trails.

261 - 270 of 270 Posts