Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 270 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
what are your 63" springs from in that pic, they look to have a lot of arch to them as they are installed

·
Registered
173 Posts
Has your tranny ever got to the point where you had to let it cool down? If I did get one at what temp would it be overheating?
Id ditch the clock and get a trans temp gauge, see if they will exchange the oil temp for oil pressure

The point of having the trans temp gauge is so your trans doesn't get to the point to where you have to let it cool down. Usually in those cases, its too late and something is burnt up or it starts slipping. Also without one how were you planning to tell when your trans was too hot?

·
Registered
424 Posts
It should get better. That was just a run down of what has been done so far. It should get alot better.
He was taking a dig at you buddy. remember this little gem, "so whats the point of this?? what are you using it for?? what is its current state and what is the trucks future?? pretty lame so far. "

The funny part is the truck was already sick, now he is redoing it and all his custom fab looks legit....and you have the audacity to call it lame.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
what are your 63" springs from in that pic, they look to have a lot of arch to them as they are installed
They came from an all stock 1998 3/4 ton. I also thong they looked tall when I installed them. I was hoping that when I added a bed and everything that they would settle down. They have 5 leaves in them. I thought about taking 2 leaves out.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The trucks future should have all kinds of things in store for it.

Bobbed frame and bed
Shorten the frame
Trying to find 60 at a decent price
Front shock mounts
narrowed bed and front clip
custom dash
got a b&m z gate shifter for it
doubler
44" tsl
been working on some half doors forawhile (I have a picture of the truck before it went in for a complete teardown last year)
All stainless braided lines all with AN lines for fuel/tranny fluid, got a holley blue pump and regulator, and a holley carb with an fitting
full custom wiring harness
front/rear bumpers

That is just some of the plans for this truck with time.

Here is a pic of the truck with the half doors on it from last year. In this pic it was just set up as mock up suspention. The suspention has changed alot since this picture.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I didn't get anything done this weekend on it. The weather was shitty here. When the weather finally got nice on Sunday I had to mow the yard and work on the new to me tow rig, it decided it was a good time to start spewing diesel in the driveway:shaking:. The return lines on the injectors started leaking, the PO had used vacuum hose instead of 1/8" fuel line:homer:, so the vacuum hose just asorbed the fuel and was expanded to the point of puking fuel. The tow pig is a 92 K2500 6.5td with 4:10's with a gov. bomb. I know it isnt a cummins or a powerstroke but it was only 1700 bucks and only needed a flywheel and an oil pan gasket (which I have yet to tackle this).

Edit- Just noticed that I had not put pictures of the DIY4X shackle flip and guardsman. The rear axle is also disk braked using ruff stuff brackets.

The shackle flips are on the wrong side so that the mount is at the back part of the shackle and is used in the stock holes on the frame (the other set of holes you see is from the mock up that I drilled). the front mounts are the only mount moved from the factory spot with the 64" swap

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Well I havent updated this in awhile. I have gotten a little bit done, not as much as I would like to though. I finished up the center hump in the truck and installed the twin sticks for the 203 and put in a B&M shifter. I then put the cab back on the frame with all new ORD body mounts and put the front clip on as mock up for the new lower mounts by the cab for the fenders and new mounts for the core support. I also started on the dash in this truck. It should be on the trail soon i hope. Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
You used stock 52's on the front? Out of what? Also I thought 52's moved the front axle forward two inchs. It doesn't look like yours is moved forward or maybe it's the camara angle.

Andy

·
Registered
397 Posts
You used stock 52's on the front? Out of what? Also I thought 52's moved the front axle forward two inchs. It doesn't look like yours is moved forward or maybe it's the camara angle.

Andy
52" center bolts are in the middle right? Shouldn't move the axle at all provided you mount them in the right place.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Yes they are stock 52's, and they were the original rear springs that were on my truck. I put 63's on the rear from a 98 chevy truck. As for the axle being moved, it is moved about an inch I guess. If you move your original mount that is on there it does move it, but I made my own mounts by notching the frame and welding square tubing across the frame and welding my mounts to it.

52" center bolts are in the middle right? Shouldn't move the axle at all provided you mount them in the right place.
Center bolts are in the middle. Id say if you use the b52 mounts that diy4x has you could keep them in the right place or just make your own.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I got some stuff done today, hopefully I can get some more done later tonight, and tomorrow my old man is coming over to help me do some wiring if it isn't raining. So far today, I got the radiator mounted and the transmission cooler all hooked up, I ran the lines for it on the outside of the frame rails. I'm prolly gonna get flamed for it, if they become a problem there though, I will move them to the inside and make hard lines for it. I also worked on the dash a little, only have some of the indicator lights in right now, its a start though.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'd really consider re doing your cooler lines. It's a clean install, but is just going to be nothing but bad news unprotected like that. Spend the time now and put them on the inside of the frame while everything is clean and not going to contaminate the fluid. On the trail it would suck to have to fix that.

·
Registered
238 Posts
That will be a factor, yes, but you could always make a simple bolt in or clip in heat shield out of sheet metal to protect them so you still have access as well.

21 - 40 of 270 Posts