Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Poseur SUV
23,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot this guy at around 8:15 this morning in a clearcut. It was about a 200 metre shot. He was facing me straight on and looking at us but partially obscured by slash. I tried to shoot him in the chest but I must have pulled and the shot ended up hitting him just in front of the left hip. He hopped away but not too far. When we got close he got up and took off again. This time he went quite a bit further. I actually walked right past him probably within five feet but my brother-in-law saw him hiding in a little indentation in the ground with his head flat on the ground. Troy was right on top of him before he got up and tried to run again. I was in a bad position so Troy took the shot and hit him in the neck. We dragged him back through the slash for about 500 metres. There was another buck, a four pointer, who was with this guy but I was the only one with a mule deer tag so he got away. Lots of ground clearance on the quad so I was able to slide him underneath.

Attachments

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Don't lie, you killed him with that bloody trailer ball to the neck :flipoff2:

·
Poseur SUV
23,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Poseur SUV
23,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an update on this, the femur was cut clean off about 1 1/2" below the hip joint, part of the pelvis was shattered and most of the meat on the thigh was ruined. Very dissapointing...

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
nice texas neck shot!

Where is the buck in the pic? All I see is a tiny forky.

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
we got dogs bigger than that out here

just kidding, i am jealous nice deer!:D
I hear that, but its more deer than I've shot in two years so I have no room to speak. Nice tag BTW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts