Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
10,487 Posts
My cousin hanged himself off a ceiling fan with a rope because of a domestic dispute. Said a few harsh words to the wife at the time right before he did it.
I wish he had made another choice, the guy was the best man at my wedding and we were always pretty tight...

The aftermath he left behind was devastating. Kerri carried that guilt for years, the two kids he left struggle with it, and his Dad never got over it. I'm pretty sure it contributed to his Dad's heart attack.

Messed up all the way around.

However, if he had taken his wife along with him, I'm not certain it would be as easy to forgive. It's just a tough situation for anyone to go through.:(
The husband of a family friend killed himself. Cut his throat in the dugout of his oldest son's baseball field. Left behind a wife and two young kids. The real stinger is that the last three calls on his cellphone were to 611. He made the cut and immediately realized he'd fucked up then mis-dialed 911 in his panic. It wouldn't have made any difference had he dialed the correct number. That's what virtually every legit suicide attempt survivor says, the last thing they can remember is thinking "I don't want to die." :(

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
Bob was my friend for 20 years. When Bob met Janelle, it was the best day of his life. They were married at the Chapel at the University of the Pacific and had a beautiful home on the canal in a very nice part of Stockton. Bob was living his best life! We didn't get together or talk much when they moved to Aptos a few years ago so I don't know what happened to cause the divorce. That being said, I'm so fucking angry at him for what he did. There's no excuse for him to ever lay a hand and Janelle, let alone murder her. I've shed a few tears for Janelle, her family and for Bob's family too. I still can't believe this happened.

Thanks for letting me vent a little. I will always miss the Old Scout I shared so many good times with but will never forgive him for what he did to Janelle and both of their families :mad3:

·
Gravity Works!
30,945 Posts
My best friend finalized his last week....I'm surprised from what I saw her do that he did not bury her. Maybe you ex was not that petty and vindictive.
One of my old customers went through a horrible divorce and the shit she did to him through it was totally insane. I’ve no idea how or why he didn’t go take care of business as there are some people who don’t deserve to walk on this earth. But he kept his composure through it and had to start his life all over from 0 as she completely cleaned his clock even before the divorce was half way over.

While I don’t think it’s right if this guy wacked his wife, but unless you walked in his shoes, it’s pretty tough to make any opinion on it. There’s no telling what she was doing to him to drive him to that point but obviously something pushed him over the edge with her.

·
Gravity Works!
30,945 Posts
Bob was my friend for 20 years. When Bob met Janelle, it was the best day of his life. They were married at the Chapel at the University of the Pacific and had a beautiful home on the canal in a very nice part of Stockton. Bob was living his best life! We didn't get together or talk much when they moved to Aptos a few years ago so I don't know what happened to cause the divorce. That being said, I'm so fucking angry at him for what he did. There's no excuse for him to ever lay a hand and Janelle, let alone murder her. I've shed a few tears for Janelle, her family and for Bob's family too. I still can't believe this happened.

Thanks for letting me vent a little. I will always miss the Old Scout I shared so many good times with but will never forgive him for what he did to Janelle and both of their families :mad3:
I feel bad for people who are close to folks who do crazy stuff like this. Hard to understand why and sadly, may never really know why. Domestic violence is usually the worst type because partners know what buttons to push to get under the skin of the other. Over time it’s like a bomb going off once one of the partners flips out and goes over the point of no return.

Old scout should’ve left the house and stayed away if he was thinking of going where he did.

I was two weeks before I was to get married to a gal that rapidly changed her behavior the closer the wedding day came. Twos weeks before the day I boxed up my stuff and left when she was at work. It was that or I would’ve killed her and I have no doubt about that.

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
Old scout should’ve left the house and stayed away if he was thinking of going where he did.
I wish he had. I would have fuckin been there to help him move out. So many emotions and so many questions that will forever go unanswered.

·
waterboy
18,781 Posts

I think this sums up most of the feelings of people that knew him.

Having been through some less than pleasant times myself, I know it can be hard to see a future beyond the now during a divorce.

·
Registered
66,773 Posts
I guess I am not seeing it as people praising him. More so just struggling with his decisions. Even the nicest of the nice that appear to have it all (in some peoples eyes) can reach their breaking point unfortunately.

I feel for her family deeply as it's a tragic event. I also feel for his family as they have a lot of unanswered questions and will likely never get them.

I've personally been through this in my younger adult years and sometimes still struggle with it all. It's affected all facets of my life going forward....good and bad

Totally. It's hard to process for onlookers, myself included.

·
Registered
10,487 Posts

Sucks man. It's confusing enough without knowing them personally, but to know them personally and know them as good people? Damn, that's rough. :(

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Im not going to judge Bob, but I do have a problem with the Murder-Suicide bit. I lost a friend a few years ago to this. She was married to a local cop. I first met her at a pool hall here that I hung out when I was in High School ( in the Eighties). She had quit there and was a dispatcher for the City PD. Like I said she married Dan, who was a City Cop and had some great Mustangs. They started having problems, Dan was having issues at work (I always knew him to be fair and honest in his police work) He went home one night, they got to fighting, he shot Priscilla and then turned the gun on himself. Everybody liked her, and he had tons of friends as well. I dont blame Dan, but I dont forgive him either. He took a great person away, before she should have been.

None of us are psychologists and none of us can read other peoples minds. It sucks all the way around. I hope the people that see this as the only way out finds the peace in death that they didnt have in life. but unfortunately it involves another soul that didnt want it.

Stay Pirate brothers.....

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
I dont blame Dan, but I dont forgive him either. .
i dont understand this line. How can you not "blame Dan"? He did it. He killed someone and then himself. Unless it was a self-defense issue or Dan had mental illnesses brought about my blunt force head trauma, it was Dan's fault. No matter his reasoning. He did it.

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
You can say RIP and farewell...but not condone what they have done...JFC.

Depression is a shitty thing.

Sucks for all that knew OS and his wife.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i dont understand this line. How can you not "blame Dan"? He did it. He killed someone and then himself. Unless it was a self-defense issue or Dan had mental illnesses brought about my blunt force head trauma, it was Dan's fault. No matter his reasoning. He did it.
This.
Allegedly. No, I don't have any inside info, but I've been to court enough times to know I haven't done a lot of things cops said I did.
Allegedly? It doesn’t take Sherlock Fuckin Holmes to piece together a murder/suicide with a firearm.

·
Registered
10,487 Posts
This. Just walk the fuck away. I've been with my wife for 17 years and I love her dearly. The thought of ever putting my hands on her or worse has never even crossed my mind, but there have been times that I've just had to shut up or walk away to avoid saying some hurtful shit that I'd immediately regret. Women know us and they know how to push our buttons. Don't do stupid shit in the heat of the moment that you'll regret.

·
Wut?
14,914 Posts
Women know us and they know how to push our buttons. Don't do stupid shit in the heat of the moment that you'll regret.
It ain't just women dude, trust me. Sometimes you just got to walk away and take 10.

I can't even fathom putting my hands on someone I love, in anger. It just, does not compute to me.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Because I dont know what he was going through. How some people handle things, is not like other people would. Its like the pain scale. What might be a 2 to you, it might be a 9 for someone else.

Everyone here has been boiling mad at some point in their life. I mean blind rage. BUT, have handled it differently than murdering some one. NOW. depression is a totally different story all together. It messes with their mind, their out look on life and the way they see their situation. Sometimes all they see is death as a way out. With depression, they are their worst enemy. They talk to themselves in their head, and feel that the best way is death. In this case maybe he didnt want to leave his wife, so take her with him and then do himself.

Im not saying its right, but in their minds its the only way. A very bad decision.
As soon as you know exactly what Bob (or even Dan for that matter) was going through, then you will have a better understanding of why and can judge them. But, to me it sounds like Bob ( and I knew Dan) was a great guy They both had some issues that needed addressed and it wasnt.

And it something I shouldnt have to explain like this, its not rocket science. The human brain is a very fucked up thing and we still dont know exactly how and why it functions the way it does. Some handle stress way better than others.

Ive done enough counseling and had enough psych courses to understand this (not that I always do the correct thing either) dealing with my adopted kids and the kids I have fostered in the past.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Im not going to judge Bob, but I do have a problem with the Murder-Suicide bit. I lost a friend a few years ago to this. She was married to a local cop. I first met her at a pool hall here that I hung out when I was in High School ( in the Eighties). She had quit there and was a dispatcher for the City PD. Like I said she married Dan, who was a City Cop and had some great Mustangs. They started having problems, Dan was having issues at work (I always knew him to be fair and honest in his police work) He went home one night, they got to fighting, he shot Priscilla and then turned the gun on himself. Everybody liked her, and he had tons of friends as well. I dont blame Dan, but I dont forgive him either. He took a great person away, before she should have been.

None of us are psychologists and none of us can read other peoples minds. It sucks all the way around. I hope the people that see this as the only way out finds the peace in death that they didnt have in life. but unfortunately it involves another soul that didnt want it.

Stay Pirate brothers.....
i knew a local cop that was having problems with his wife, who was also a cop...he killed her, and his 5 yr old son...set the house on fire, when fd showed up he came out with a gun and told them to not put the fire out...he went inside and killed himself....:(

i cannot forgive the whole murder the wife and his child..i cannot fathom what had been going on that he would do that...

permanent solution to a temporary problem.

·
Change is good.
35,188 Posts

Yeah, it's fucked up all the way around. I think we all have a responsibility to be decent humans, and it's not like he was a serial killer, it seems like it was either a crime of passion or depression. A good buddy of mine suffered from depression, and I was sure at one point he was going to fly his plane into the ground, but he didn't and now he's back to his normal self-centered self. Weird.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
what a bad deal all around....... gotta wonder how bad things get when someone takes those actions.. just sad really.

I mainly remember discussions around boating mostly with OS....

Sympathy to the wife and her family for his actions....

--Sherpa

·
Registered
4,797 Posts

Well said my friend, nothing more to say

81 - 100 of 136 Posts