Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Im not going to judge Bob, but I do have a problem with the Murder-Suicide bit. I lost a friend a few years ago to this. She was married to a local cop. I first met her at a pool hall here that I hung out when I was in High School ( in the Eighties). She had quit there and was a dispatcher for the City PD. Like I said she married Dan, who was a City Cop and had some great Mustangs. They started having problems, Dan was having issues at work (I always knew him to be fair and honest in his police work) He went home one night, they got to fighting, he shot Priscilla and then turned the gun on himself. Everybody liked her, and he had tons of friends as well. I dont blame Dan, but I dont forgive him either. He took a great person away, before she should have been.

None of us are psychologists and none of us can read other peoples minds. It sucks all the way around. I hope the people that see this as the only way out finds the peace in death that they didnt have in life. but unfortunately it involves another soul that didnt want it.

Stay Pirate brothers.....

Sounds like our school cop in elementary and jr high!!! Super nice guy... about 10-15 years later, he offed his wife then himself in a parking lot!!!! Iirc kids were in her car!!!

It would be scary if we knew what everybody was thinking all the time!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
35,607 Posts
I liked the guy back in the day, I haven't been around much lately.

The fuck head went out like a punk, transferred his pain onto their survivors.

·
Roo skin seat covers
1,212 Posts
I didn't know this guy, at all, I'm way too noob

But, maybe this helps someone understand.

I'm close to the brother of a man that threw his little 5yr old daughter off a city bridge here in peak hour morning traffic. 190ft to the dirty river below.

She died, on the dock, that very quick responders brought her on to, trying to keep her alive.

The agony, thinking about the poor little girl. Her dad, her own dad stopping the car at the top of the bridge. Pulling her out of the back seat, lifting her over the handrail, and letting go. I can never stop feeling it. Imagine it

He was getting dragged through the very shitty family court system here by his ex.

Pressure like that can definitely snap something upstairs. And it's at that point you actually do lose your mind, and bad goes down

I sooo soo hope no one here ever experiences it to have to realise what I mean. It's the most extreme ugliness

·
Banned
69 Posts
Well, since the train has gone off the rails and disappeared into the housing development amongst flying splinters, clouds of dust, and choruses of horrified screams, I'll go ahead and post.

You want to know when your moral outlook is insufficient? When you are confronted by something like this and you have to completely flip your view on someone you knew and maybe even loved, like a dozen or more posters here.

Conservative morality has always been fragile. Nothing but a bunch of schoolkids marking out lines in the sand proclaiming THIS is the line we won't cross. Everyone on that side of the line is bad, everyone on this side is good.

Unseasoned. Untested. Unconsidered.

People with rigid moralities are ALWAYS untrustworthy. Never trust a man without a vice, and NEVER trust a man with definite, rigid morality. Ever. They are people without imagination or experience, devoid of the tools necessary to weather an authentic crisis.

The worst ones come in two flavors:

1) The ones that get religion. They're typically the worst.
2) The ones that get cringe-atheism. You know who they are. They typically go around letting you know just how atheist they really are.

Do. Not. Trust. Them.

Imagine being a 40, 50, 60 year old man and having your easy, fragile worldview exploded because someone you loved did shit you just can't face.

Oh yeah, Fuck Texas, and fuck Austin Texas right in the ass. Blue-state faggots.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Your moral outlook

Conservative morality

Rigid moralities
Isn't it easier to reason/rationale that behavior of thinking by "avoid this type of mentality?"

I don't think much of it, but I guess life's kind of like that, isn't it?? You never quite know when a momentous moment in time is going to be thrust upon you to where it changes your life forever... how you look at things... how you view the world... how you feel about the other person.... Oh well, move on...

To quote east_beast "Just walk the fuck away"

I never met Old Scout or the wife but that situation really sucks-

·
Registered
249 Posts
They always blame the man, claiming he was violent, without ever considering what the woman said or did leading up to the killing. Not that this could ever be condoned, however. RIP.

Also, all the people saying the murder negates any good associated with him are morons. Women can be evil and vindictive. Not trying to be a misogynist but these stories are all too common, especially with the laws totally stacked against men in court. I lost a friend to this, and I still remember the reporter interviewing his neighbor who claimed he told him getting married was the worst thing he ever did.

·
Premium Member
10,667 Posts
A single moment or action in life doesn't define any of us, if it did we'd all be fucked.

At that moment in his life he was a punk though and its how he will be remembered by most, sad really. Sounds like he was a decent guy otherwise.

·
Registered
10,487 Posts
Well, since the train has gone off the rails and disappeared into the housing development amongst flying splinters, clouds of dust, and choruses of horrified screams, I'll go ahead and post.

You want to know when your moral outlook is insufficient? When you are confronted by something like this and you have to completely flip your view on someone you knew and maybe even loved, like a dozen or more posters here.

Conservative morality has always been fragile. Nothing but a bunch of schoolkids marking out lines in the sand proclaiming THIS is the line we won't cross. Everyone on that side of the line is bad, everyone on this side is good.

People with rigid moralities are ALWAYS untrustworthy. Never trust a man without a vice, and NEVER trust a man with definite, rigid morality. Ever. They are people without imagination or experience, devoid of the tools necessary to weather an authentic crisis.

2) The ones that get cringe-atheism. You know who they are. They typically go around letting you know just how atheist they really are.

Do. Not. Trust. Them.

Imagine being a 40, 50, 60 year old man and having your easy, fragile worldview exploded because someone you loved did shit you just can't face.

Oh yeah, Fuck Texas, and fuck Austin Texas right in the ass. Blue-state faggots.
I'm politically left of most PBB posters, but just shut the fuck up with your constant fucking bullshit.

·
Banned
69 Posts
I'm politically left of most PBB posters, but just shut the fuck up with your constant fucking bullshit.
I can tell you're politically to the left because you started out with an identity, and expected to be compensated for it for no other reason than it exists. "As a _____, I deserve ______". In this case you think you deserve to have your viewpoint attributed an authority it clearly doesn't have.

You didn't like my post, which really shouldn't be a problem, you should agree. And because you were either too lazy or simply bereft of a point (which is the case, there is no counter-point to what I said), you went right to the "I'm a ____, so _____" argument.

It is this type of moral and intellectual fragility that I'm talking about above.

·
Hophead
77,608 Posts
Quoted for everdouche , really, do as a favor and just STFU already.
you realize posts like this just encourage him to post more, right?

If everyone ignored him he'd just go off to somewhere else on the internets where he could get the attention he craves

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
I can tell you're politically to the left because you started out with an identity, and expected to be compensated for it for no other reason than it exists. "As a _____, I deserve ______". In this case you think you deserve to have your viewpoint attributed an authority it clearly doesn't have.

You didn't like my post, which really shouldn't be a problem, you should agree. And because you were either too lazy or simply bereft of a point (which is the case, there is no counter-point to what I said), you went right to the "I'm a ____, so _____" argument.

It is this type of moral and intellectual fragility that I'm talking about above.
You really have no tact at all do you?

Theres always a point for you to make, and some grand lesson your obligated to preach.

Lets just get right to the issue here, shall we?

Your insecure in your own skin (condescending people typically are). Most polite people would usually let this slide for a time, then react sporadically with a few choice remarks.

The problem is, you really don't care to grow, learn or do anything different in how you interact with others. Your social skills lack any humility, and character (it just isn't developed to the extent to permit compassion or reverence for another). Your aura of "self importance", constant urge for admiration by teaching us "the best way" to ponder things, arrogance and lack of empathy says quite a bit about you.

And the crazy part is, your so imprisoned in your own world view (religion), you fail to recognize another individuals desire or right to have their own.
So PLEASE, don't come in here and try and define yourself as anything remotely other than petty.

In short you have narcissistic tendencies... that you seem to be oblivious to. And it's thoroughly obvious to most here, which more than likely explains the negative reaction you consistently receive from others when you post in the way you do.

You don't have to stay that way, you realize? Theres an alternative.

:)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts

Isn't this literally the exact same thing you're doing by being a dick and condescending to him? You thinking your viewpoint doesn't have a counter point is the exact same as claiming moral superiority because of an identity complex.

Intellectual fragility is lacking the ability to see viewpoints other than your own. Good job hypocrite :laughing:

·
Gravity Works!
30,945 Posts
Yeah, it's fucked up all the way around. I think we all have a responsibility to be decent humans, and it's not like he was a serial killer, it seems like it was either a crime of passion or depression. A good buddy of mine suffered from depression, and I was sure at one point he was going to fly his plane into the ground, but he didn't and now he's back to his normal self-centered self. Weird.
I doubt he’s 100%. I think depression is something that once it gets ahold of someone, it never lets go. While he’s mentally strong to overcome it, it’s still there gnawing at him. Keep an eye on him and not only hear what he says but really listen.

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
I doubt he’s 100%. I think depression is something that once it gets ahold of someone, it never lets go. While he’s mentally strong to overcome it, it’s still there gnawing at him. Keep an eye on him and not only hear what he says but really listen.
Deep thoughts with Landslide. :flipoff2:

I differ from that opinion to some degree... I think it is possible to overcome any number of issues like say addiction and yeah, even depression.

And who is ever 100%?

Just my way of looking at it. :p

As to the issue at hand, truly just a sad ending that could/ should have had a very different outcome. We can all agree on that I hope. :(

·
Gravity Works!
30,945 Posts

Do. Not. Trust. Them.

And never trust a jail bird wife beater mouthy preacher hypocrite either. They’re the most vindictive.

·
Banned
69 Posts
And never trust a jail bird wife beater mouthy preacher hypocrite either. They’re the most vindictive.
I actually resent this. I don't take revenge. That's why I have smooth skin and young looks even though I abuse the fuck out of my old body. I don't go around with rancor in my heart, and I didn't need anyone or any god to teach me that.

·
Registered
10,487 Posts

You're just a delusional blowhard who thinks he has it all figured out. I know this because you try to forcefeed your off-topic bullshit into every post you make. You're basically Trump. You're such socially retarded asshole that it makes people want to reassess their own viewpoints on the rare occasion they may actually agree with you. Basically, your constant bloviating achieves the opposite of what you're trying to accomplish.

·
Banned
69 Posts
you realize posts like this just encourage him to post more, right?

If everyone ignored him he'd just go off to somewhere else on the internets where he could get the attention he craves
I don't care if you think about me at all.

You really have no tact at all do you?

Theres always a point for you to make, and some grand lesson your obligated to preach.

Lets just get right to the issue here, shall we?

Your insecure in your own skin (condescending people typically are). Most polite people would usually let this slide for a time, then react sporadically with a few choice remarks.

The problem is, you really don't care to grow, learn or do anything different in how you interact with others. Your social skills lack any humility, and character (it just isn't developed to the extent to permit compassion or reverence for another). Your aura of "self importance", constant urge for admiration by teaching us "the best way" to ponder things, arrogance and lack of empathy says quite a bit about you.

And the crazy part is, your so imprisoned in your own world view (religion), you fail to recognize another individuals desire or right to have their own.
So PLEASE, don't come in here and try and define yourself as anything remotely other than petty.

In short you have narcissistic tendencies... that you seem to be oblivious to. And it's thoroughly obvious to most here, which more than likely explains the negative reaction you consistently receive from others when you post in the way you do.

You don't have to stay that way, you realize? Theres an alternative.

:)

You have made a mistake, a common one.

1st, I will point out a complete absence of my posts in any other personal tragedy thread on this board. I don't get involved in GCC's personal stuff because I am clearly inflammatory. My pre-amble above explains why I am in this thread.

2nd, I didn't address east beast. He got insulting with me. You have the mistake of believing I have any obligation to be civil to someone who insults me. I was too nice IMO.

3rd, neither you nor any other human on this planet has a handle on what I do and don't believe.

4th, I made a generalized truism statement about something I believe to be true (it is true), and you, east beast, and every other low, sloping forehead in here made it about ME. I did not. You are used to arguing LIKE, and with, women. I am a man. I will remind you with this truism:

• small minds discuss people
    • avg minds discuss events
    • great minds discuss ideas
I don't have a great mind, but I discussed a generalized idea. You, eastie, joey, landie, fcj-ie, discussed ME. I did not discuss YOU.

You took up with me.

Well, cry me a river. I thoguht GCC was tough. :confused:

And, as I've stated before, none of you cavemen listen to reason, or civility, or ideas. You listen to sensation, and everyone deserves to be communicated with the way that they want to be. I have obliged you.

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
!

I don't care if you think about me at all.

You have made a mistake, a common one.

1st, I will point out a complete absence of my posts in any other personal tragedy thread on this board. I don't get involved in GCC's personal stuff because I am clearly inflammatory. My pre-amble above explains why I am in this thread.

2nd, I didn't address east beast. He got insulting with me. You have the mistake of believing I have any obligation to be civil to someone who insults me. I was too nice IMO.

3rd, neither you nor any other human on this planet has a handle on what I do and don't believe.

4th, I made a generalized truism statement about something I believe to be true (it is true), and you, east beast, and every other low, sloping forehead in here made it about ME. I did not. You are used to arguing LIKE, and with, women. I am a man. I will remind you with this truism:

• small minds discuss people
    • avg minds discuss events
    • great minds discuss ideas
I don't have a great mind, but I discussed a generalized idea. You, eastie, joey, landie, fcj-ie, discussed ME. I did not discuss YOU.

You took up with me.

Well, cry me a river. I thoguht GCC was tough. :confused:

And, as I've stated before, none of you cavemen listen to reason, or civility, or ideas. You listen to sensation, and everyone deserves to be communicated with the way that they want to be. I have obliged you.
Well, at least you proved our points! :laughing:

If your hearing the same thing cited from multiple sources on a fairly persistent basis, maybe it's time to humble yourself and consider what's been said, no?

Food for thought.

101 - 120 of 136 Posts