Pirate 4x4 banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,192 Posts
I doubt that it matters now but I wonder if he had some sort of a medical condition diagnosed or non diagnosed that could have clouded his judgment and impulse control and contributed to this. For the 90 percent of the nitwits in this thread talking dumbass shit that never interacted with him he was one of the smartest and most knowledgeable people to post on this board on pretty much any subject discussed. His wisdom, wit, and attitude 20 years ago are part of what made pirate what it was in its heyday.

·
Registered
66,773 Posts
I doubt that it matters now but I wonder if he had some sort of a medical condition diagnosed or non diagnosed that could have clouded his judgment and impulse control and contributed to this. For the 90 percent of the nitwits in this thread talking dumbass shit that never interacted with him he was one of the smartest and most knowledgeable people to post on this board on pretty much any subject discussed. His wisdom, wit, and attitude 20 years ago are part of what made pirate what it was in its heyday.

I personally didn't care for his posting style, but maybe I'm alone in that. His communication skills seemed to offgas routine arrogance, imo.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I didn't know Old Scout well, but I'd agree with your description of him.

·
Registered
289 Posts
We think as humans we’ve moved from that line.... but reminded too frequently, were not!!!!
I don’t believe in the homosapien sapien!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
This is the guy that banned me for people’s overreaction to an innocuous post, then he couldn’t have a coherent conversation on the subject. :homer: That’s about all I know about the guy. Well until now...

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
You really have no tact at all do you?

Theres always a point for you to make, and some grand lesson your obligated to preach.

Lets just get right to the issue here, shall we?

Your insecure in your own skin (condescending people typically are). Most polite people would usually let this slide for a time, then react sporadically with a few choice remarks.

The problem is, you really don't care to grow, learn or do anything different in how you interact with others. Your social skills lack any humility, and character (it just isn't developed to the extent to permit compassion or reverence for another). Your aura of "self importance", constant urge for admiration by teaching us "the best way" to ponder things, arrogance and lack of empathy says quite a bit about you.

And the crazy part is, your so imprisoned in your own world view (religion), you fail to recognize another individuals desire or right to have their own.
So PLEASE, don't come in here and try and define yourself as anything remotely other than petty.

In short you have narcissistic tendencies... that you seem to be oblivious to. And it's thoroughly obvious to most here, which more than likely explains the negative reaction you consistently receive from others when you post in the way you do.

You don't have to stay that way, you realize? Theres an alternative.

:)
:golfclap:

·
Premium Member
108,054 Posts
I personally didn't care for his posting style, but maybe I'm alone in that. His communication skills seemed to offgas routine arrogance, imo.
He did have his moments. He definitely didn't like people disagreeing with him.

·
Registered
14,555 Posts
Old Scout was always a wise, cool old guy that seemed to be living a good life. What an awful way to go out.

·
Change is good.
35,188 Posts
For the 90 percent of the nitwits in this thread talking dumbass shit that never interacted with him he was one of the smartest and most knowledgeable people to post on this board on pretty much any subject discussed. His wisdom, wit, and attitude 20 years ago are part of what made pirate what it was in its heyday.
While this is true, I believe the below is true as well. THAT's what made this place, a whole bunch of MF'rs in violent agreement.

He did have his moments. He definitely didn't like people disagreeing with him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is the guy that banned me for people’s overreaction to an innocuous post, then he couldn’t have a coherent conversation on the subject. :homer: That’s about all I know about the guy. Well until now...
I remember you acting like a psycho in the ih forum, any of the moderators would have given you the boot.
Hence; his final act....
Oof :laughing:

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
The origin of this thread sucks. I'm late to the game here, I didn't know OS, and I feel that what he did is unacceptable.
But I will also add this: Life brings an incredible amount of stress ,some of this is brought on by our individual beliefs in what it means to succeed and our desire to do so.

We all have our own shit show, don't get caught up in negativity, it will destroy your mind and your love.

Best wishes to both the families and the friends involved.
RIP

121 - 136 of 136 Posts