Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Procrastinator
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started listening to this band called Royal Blood and really started liking them. Watched a couple videos of them and came to the realization that there are only two guys in the band. A drummer and a bass player. How does this work with no guitar? I always thought a rock band required a goddamned guitar player as well as bass. Has this ever been done before or is this guy just so fuckin good he doesn't need a guitar player?

·
Procrastinator
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just did some googling and apparently its about a lot of technical bi-valve transmogrifier that takes the bass signal and converts it into a guitar signal and goes through a separate amp while allowing the bass signal to go through a bass amp or some shit. Guess I should quit wondering the how and enjoy their music. Just found it odd as hell that there is no guitar player.

And no, never realized the Doors had no bass player.

·
Premium Member
14,256 Posts
Just 'cause she eats leftover food at the mall food court doesn't mean she's gonna suck your dick.
But the big herpie looking thing on her lower lip makes me think that.

·
Registered
22,758 Posts
But the big herpie looking thing on her lower lip makes me think that.
That's not a herpes sore, it's makeup made to look like she's been hit/punched. You need to know this shit if you're going to be a hobbyist. :grinpimp:

·
Premium Member
13,758 Posts
The band itself was decent, nothing spectacular but fair enough. Jim on the other hand was shit for talent, probably best he died young so we wouldn't have to suffer him any more than we already have.
Just stop to think for a minute that we could have suffered through a second lemme :eek:

·
Premium Member
13,758 Posts
Morrison could at least carry a tune in a bucket. Lemme croaked like a frog. Neither had much talent to speak of that was above and beyond any drunken karaoke at the local college bar.

·
Registered
12,414 Posts
Morrison could at least carry a tune in a bucket. Lemme croaked like a frog. Neither had much talent to speak of that was above and beyond any drunken karaoke at the local college bar.
You're an idiot. Lemmy was fucking loud!, and that was good enough for the Who. :gary: They're both poets in their own right.

:flipoff2: (because the Doors kinda suck)

·
Registered
9,282 Posts
Jerry Scheff played bass for the doors. Listen to LA Woman. He was also Elvis Presley bass player.

Check out MORPHINE. 2 string slide bass , sax, drums. NO guitarist.
GTFOutta here with musical knowledge and information an' shit.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts