Pirate 4x4 banner

241 - 260 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
29,929 Posts
still didnt say what battery you used :flipoff2:

shouldnt be using that saw with anything but a 12.0 if you want it to be comparable to a gas saw
it was the one that came with the thing when it was given to me to try out.
it was larger than my 5ah that's all I can tell you.
sorry I didn't pay that close attention.
:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
16,677 Posts
oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was being graded.

it's heavy
the battery doesn't last long.
and it does not have the power of a 40cc saw like they say it does, or putting a bar on it would be an option to use it for larger work, and not just the pruning that it would be suited for if it weren't so fucking heavy

the stihl saw had more power, but is dumb expensive and still suffers from a short battery life if you use it hard.
also heavy because battery.

I do think that both would be perfectly suited to occasional use for cutting down small trees, but then why not save yourself a fuckton of money and just buy a 100 dollar corded one? Or a pruning blade for a sawzall or hackzall?
they would be super handy for camping/trail saws.

better?
:flipoff2:

fuck. everyone a critic.
:laughing:
Which is why I think the Makita is the best battery powered saw right now. It's the right size and weight for what it is. Won't replace a fullsize for heavy use but it's meant for limbing and trail clearing. Perfect for the Jeep, motorcycle or UTV.

And on the topic of batteries the aH is run time only correct? 12aH just last longer then a 5aH but won't give you anymore power?

·
Registered
15,492 Posts
the makita saw is definitely the better option when it comes mother in laws or over head tree work while in a tree or a bucket lift

·
Registered
15,492 Posts
won't let me view it at work but is it similar to RC cars where you get a bigger 'rate/push of power' for lack of correct terms?
The “standard” batteries are built with 18650 cells, whereas the new High Output batteries are built with larger 21700 cells. The 21700 Li-ion battery cells are available at higher charge capacities, delivering longer runtime. Not only that, the cells can provided more power, and Milwaukee’s High Output battery packs run cooler.

also from another article
One thing is for sure – they’re matching the power output of several 15-amp tools now
they could definitely improve upon their current cordless chain saw by making a smaller lighter model, they are constantly upgrading and coming out with new tools so i wouldnt doubt they have something in the works.

im excited for the new nail guns and they finally made a proper skillsaw

https://milwaukeetool.com/Products/Power-Tools/Woodworking/Nailers-and-Staplers/Framing-Nailers/2745-20
https://milwaukeetool.com/Products/New-Products/2830-20

·
Registered
673 Posts
I’ve been needing to replace a Craftsman cordless and ponied up for that new saw. Went with the package deal with 12ah battery. Have very little use on it yet, but sure seems like it will replace the corded skilsaw and is worlds better than the Craftsman it is replacing.

Kinda used this as my gateway drug to get other Milwaukee tools.

·
Registered
15,492 Posts
I’ve been needing to replace a Craftsman cordless and ponied up for that new saw. Went with the package deal with 12ah battery. Have very little use on it yet, but sure seems like it will replace the corded skilsaw and is worlds better than the Craftsman it is replacing.

Kinda used this as my gateway drug to get other Milwaukee tools.
:laughing: ive been trying to give myself an excuse to replace my perfectly fine(besides the handle being on the wrong side) older(1yr old) 2731-20 saw
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PGQ6D2W/

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Which is why I think the Makita is the best battery powered saw right now. It's the right size and weight for what it is. Won't replace a fullsize for heavy use but it's meant for limbing and trail clearing. Perfect for the Jeep, motorcycle or UTV.

FWIW, I know a guy with a kobalt 80V saw from lowes, who hasn't touched his gas saw in 4+ years, and cuts 8 cord a year to feed an outdoor wood boiler. :eek: Maybe its a fluke, but impressive none the less..

·
Premium Member
16,677 Posts
FWIW, I know a guy with a kobalt 80V saw from lowes, who hasn't touched his gas saw in 4+ years, and cuts 8 cord a year to feed an outdoor wood boiler. :eek: Maybe its a fluke, but impressive none the less..
huh that is impressive. I think all of the saw are right on the edge of being real good.

·
Registered
333 Posts
So Home Depot seems to not push Milwakee that much anymore, around here anyway. Is there a better go to place that has good pricing on them other then Amazon or eBay? Some type of online tool shop?

·
Registered
86 Posts
So Home Depot seems to not push Milwakee that much anymore, around here anyway. Is there a better go to place that has good pricing on them other then Amazon or eBay? Some type of online tool shop?
Might check Toolbarn.com
I got my M18 impact from them.

·
Broke Bastard
4,123 Posts
What world do you live in? Every home Depot that I have been in has Makita, DeWalt and Milwaukee. With Milwaukee being the leader.

There are a lot of deals for Milwaukee stuff on eBay, but for a normal, legit business, I find the best deals at home Depot online. Free tool or free battery on lots of kits

·
Premium Member
7,197 Posts
My kit with chainsaw, 12a battery, leaf blower, and charger arrived and I briefly used the saw yesterday. I already had a 18v fuel blower but this kit came with a newer version, somewhat smaller and lighter than my older one and seemingly as powerful.

I haven't used the saw enough to determine its worth but it is big. I don't particularly like the design of the saw itself but I wanted a battery chainsaw and I have M18 stuff. with battery it probably weighs about the same as my 2 gas 16 inch saws and is several inches longer, i will try and take a comparison picture. I bought a 12 inch bar and chain to replace the 16 for my bucket work to make it a bit more manageable. Plan is to rent a boom lift in the next couple of weeks and try it out. I would think it would be great for cutting down and chopping up 12 inch diameter and smaller trees as it seems to have a lot of power. I didn't use it long enough to gauge battery life.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
If you go to Milwaukee's site and find the tool you're after they have a link to authorized distributors you can pick through. I just bought one of the new long reach M12 ratchets through Acme Tool, they've got a pretty large selection of the big brands.

·
Registered
887 Posts
i really like this m18 leaf blower, i have quite a bit of circular driveway between the house and barn
i hop on the golf cart with the leaf blower hanging off the side and drive slow
3 trips around and my driveway is clear AND i still have power left over in 4ah battery to blow off the deck

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I have same blower and it's awesome use it almost daily. Picked it up at home depot for 99 bux sometime last year.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
Yep, that blower came with my string trimmer (along with their 9.0 Ah battery) and it's pretty damn great for being a battery-powered unit.

I recently picked up the Fuel 3/8" ratchet (and lucked out that Home Depot was running a silent promotion that included the $60 2.0 Ah M12 battery I grabbed for free) and am damn glad I did. I also nabbed their 2767 impact a couple months ago (use with caution).

241 - 260 of 269 Posts