Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright heres the the thing when I go to start my truck after she has been sitting for a while she doesn't start sometimes. I have to push the throotle down a little the she will start up a little then die, I do this several times and usually ten tries later she will start up, so I let her idle for about 5 minutes to get her warmed up, but the minute that I shift her into reverse or drive she dies. Once she gets really warmed up for about 10-15 miutes she runs great.

You guys got any ideas on what the problem is?

Its a 302 in a 1987 ford bronco, she is fuel injected and the ful pump does work, and there is spark (sometimes). i replaced the ingnition modual about 4 months ago. Could that have gone out?

·
3d Artist for Hire!
19,321 Posts
Dying when putting into gear. Couldn't that be leaking vaccum lines? My friend's 89 bronco had that problem and bad lines were what was causing it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
pretty sure thats your vacuum lines,mine was also doing that only im a dip shit and i paid $100 to get all my lines to get checked and replaced,but i have one those oh so wonderful variable venturies,anyway that solved my problem.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I too had this situation on the 1988 5.0 in my 1985 bronco 2.

Vacuum lines! Went to pick-n-pull, and now it's all better.

Adam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts