Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 63"'s I bought originally had 4 leafs plus that massive 1/2" overload. I already removed the 1/2" thick overload. Now which leaf do i remove?
I read that the good ones are only 3 leaves thick.
Also by doing this how much lift will I lose?
if we go from top to bottom

Thanks
Robert <><

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come awn guys, I'm trying to get these things back together tonight, any ideas?

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
I have not worked with the Chevy springs, but have played with sevral sets of springs. Removing the shorter lower leafs seem to work best for me.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I am also running these same packs and havent removed any leaves from my packs. Like Chris said remove the shortest one first and goform there.
Later
Jeff

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
I would remove the bottom leaf, unless the bottom leaf has the spring clamps riveted to it. In that case I would remove the second leaf from the bottom.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i noticed a bunch of people running the 4 leavs with plenty of flex (especially Discos setup in the old dual shackle post) so I will probably leave all four untill I can test it all out.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
i ran all 4 on my 82 and they worked OK, i cut the overload 1in behind the spring perch and they worked a lil better leaving the front half of the overload as a built in anti wrap bar, i pulled the 3rd leaf out, lost 1/2in of height? and gained 3-4in of travel!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Originally posted by Chris Geiger:
<STRONG>I have not worked with the Chevy springs, but have played with sevral sets of springs. Removing the shorter lower leafs seem to work best for me.</STRONG>
Chris, when i called Allpro a while back i talked to Jon about my Allpro 5" front springs and he said NOT to remove the bottom leaf!, he said to remove the second to the bottom leaf then put the short bottom one back in.
Whats up with that?? Does it really matter?, he seemed to imply that you should never remove the very bottom short leaf...??

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: TANKOMA ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts