Pirate 4x4 banner

921 - 940 of 977 Posts

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Those twigs are Poison Oak. I'd flop to avoid one to the face.
Well cross wheelin that one off the list.... If the oak is that heavy down there I'll pass for sure!!

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
Well cross wheelin that one off the list.... If the oak is that heavy down there I'll pass for sure!!
Its poison oak from hell and all the mud is 50% wild boar shit!

Hows that 1uz do (oil in combustion chambers) when flopped/flipped? I dont think ive ever ran tanktrap without dumping it and have even caught on fire on my lid w powersteering rez dripping and the battery kissing the hood

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
I remember Camp Pendleton being covered in that stuff. I remember a bunch of times where the rest of my team would get it but I never got it.
I dont get it, but my brother has that oil to combat it in his shower hes so allergic. He has it all overhis property much like hollister. I told me oldest son we were immune to it when he was running my winch line. Oops, he wasnt:)

·
O-ring Technologist
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #926
Its poison oak from hell and all the mud is 50% wild boar shit!

Hows that 1uz do (oil in combustion chambers) when flopped/flipped? I dont think ive ever ran tanktrap without dumping it and have even caught on fire on my lid w powersteering rez dripping and the battery kissing the hood
It seems to do well with not fill in the cylinders with oil when flopped/upside down. I ran my breather from on the valve cover down below the engine, and then up to the intake, to help combat oil getting in that way. It smoked a bunch when she flopped it but the oil psi was still good. When I rolled it at the hammers, I was on my lid for 5 min and it fired right up.

·
O-ring Technologist
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #927
I dont get it, but my brother has that oil to combat it in his shower hes so allergic. He has it all overhis property much like hollister. I told me oldest son we were immune to it when he was running my winch line. Oops, he wasnt:)
That's funny:laughing:

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
It seems to do well with not fill in the cylinders with oil when flopped/upside down. I ran my breather from on the valve cover down below the engine, and then up to the intake, to help combat oil getting in that way. It smoked a bunch when she flopped it but the oil psi was still good. When I rolled it at the hammers, I was on my lid for 5 min and it fired right up.
Oh cool. Idhate to pull those plastic covers and 8 plugs everytime. But i hydroed/bent wristpin a 22re being lazy once, so id be paranoid

·
FOF
8,202 Posts
I remember Camp Pendleton being covered in that stuff. I remember a bunch of times where the rest of my team would get it but I never got it.
I got poison oak once on a night op there up in the hills and nothing screams poison oak all over your body like sweating in a flak jacket, kevlar, gear, pack and a .50 resting on my shoulders :laughing:

·
O-ring Technologist
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #930
Oh cool. Idhate to pull those plastic covers and 8 plugs everytime. But i hydroed/bent wristpin a 22re being lazy once, so id be paranoid
I understand the concern, it's nice being able to bump the motor over without having the ignition on.

I got poison oak once on a night op there up in the hills and nothing screams poison oak all over your body like sweating in a flak jacket, kevlar, gear, pack and a .50 resting on my shoulders :laughing:
Tell me about it. We used to do a lot of our PEX up in the Yankee/Juliet area by San Mateo.

·
FOF
8,202 Posts
I understand the concern, it's nice being able to bump the motor over without having the ignition on.

Tell me about it. We used to do a lot of our PEX up in the Yankee/Juliet area by San Mateo.
Ah yes Juliet area there we go that's my old engineer stomping grounds. It's been a few years. Good times down there.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
I had mine on its side for about 30 mins and right side up for 20 mins after that. Turned it over and it was smokey, but no problems other than that.

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
Ah yes Juliet area there we go that's my old engineer stomping grounds. It's been a few years. Good times down there.
Damn, i spent all my younger years in ramona and juliet, went to school in chulavista and worked at the nuke plant in san onofre for 6 months slingin nuetrons

I had mine on its side for about 30 mins and right side up for 20 mins after that. Turned it over and it was smokey, but no problems other than that.
Passenger or driver? I have to look where the valve cover pcv whatever runs

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Driver side

·
O-ring Technologist
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #937 (Edited)
Good meeting you at back door this weekend?

So.... whats the damage? PICS?:flipoff2:
Nice meeting you too. Bummed I didn't see you waste your drive shaft. I'll post up some pics later. My buddy got a Michael J. Fox quality video on his phone from inside when I yardsaled it.

It was a Murphy's Law kind of weekend. In order of carnage:

Friday:
-Justin lost his brakes on the lake bed
-Marty rolled being a dumbass coming down Wrecking ball and rips both motor mounts, (I roll him an additional time in an attempt to pull him over:homer:)

Saturday:
-I endo behind base camp above the lake bed. Sheared the drivers high steer arm off, Broke the ears off an inner axle shaft, toast two caps on the Longfield Joint, and push in the top of my cage 1" closer to the ground.
-Marty's power steering overflows and catches fire on Wrecking ball
-Andrew rips the drain plug bung off his oil pan on Wrecking ball
-Dale breaks a hub and inner TG axle shaft on the waterfall on Wrecking ball

Sunday:
-Marty's rear battery arcs out on the hold down and dies on Outerlimits
-Andrew flops on Tricycle
-Justin flops Tricycle
-Justin's tow rig's batteries are dead
-I lose a trailer hub bearing in Lucerne Valley

I'd like to thank everyone who came up from the lakebed to help my dumbass after I rolled it.:beer: Especially to the guy who said that it made him spill his coffee.

Also I'd like to thank those over at the Longfield camp for giving me two caps for my U-Joint after my roll.

Good thing back door is an obstacle name :flipoff2:
Maybe. Or maybe not;):flipoff2:

·
O-ring Technologist
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #939
Fawk...that's a rough weekend.... I thought it was bad when I sheared my knuckle bolts on Chocolate thunder Friday night... Any more story on the roll? I heard it was a bad rebound and endo? Is it all salvageable, I'd imagine so since it seems like you kept wheeling?
It's fine other than the studs and the broken axle shaft. But it did pretty much end my weekend. As far as the endo goes, the terrain dropped down and the front soaked up the first whoop but the rear lifted. When we hit the second whoop, with the rear in the air, it was ass over nose into the ground. We landed squarely on top of the roof c-pillar tube, and then flopped on the side. It happened so quick. We were just headed to pick up the dinner and raffle tickets but decided to take the round about way of getting there. I'm so glad that I made my buddy put on a helmet, and that neither one of us got hurt.

Here's the video he took.
4x4 flip - YouTube
When we came to, we were facing the direction that we had come from.

921 - 940 of 977 Posts