Pirate 4x4 banner

201 - 220 of 1089 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Help needed... I have a 2004 f350 with a 8" fabtech performance lift. I want to go higher like 4" more. I was thinking of a hanger kit (4.5") from fab tech or sky off-road design. Just wondering if I do this addition would I need to do a crossover steering conversion? I only use this as a daily driver and haul my toy hauler through sand only. Any suggestions? Thanks!
12" Drop Pitman Arm:smokin:
Are you running 54"s? Everyone I know that's lifted a 99-04 higher than 4"s has ripped it off after being beat to death. I ran 42"s on my '96 with a shackle reversal 3" lift. Either way on a 99-04 your blowing the bearings out of it with anything over 37"s. Google Unit Bearing failures and look at the results.

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
I also have the tires off so I fully cycled the suspension to check all my clearances. I dont have any springs yet but I may have to notch my frame to clear in the front. I am pretty happy overall with the axle movement though. I don't know how fast the 6.9 will get this thing going but I am thinking it will be pretty stable even at speed. Should be just shy of 4 feet of total articulation

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Finally got all the coolant tubes finished. The right one going over the exhaust was a real PITA. Doesn't look real sano, but it will have to do. Piss poor planning on my part. But at least it's all done. The majority of the plumbing is done and things are moving along pretty good.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,139 Posts
Is the one going over the exhause your hot line? Would make the most sense. At least you're not hampering your cooling at that point.

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
Is the one going over the exhause your hot line? Would make the most sense. At least you're not hampering your cooling at that point.
It is. Plus I am going to wrap the entire exhaust system. It's all pretty tight, so I need to try to keep as much heat in the exhaust as possible.

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Looking good. Nice progress. Thats a lot of routing. I'm dreading figuring all that out on my build. lol
Yea... Not terribly difficult, just tedious as hell. Work, work, work, and it still looks the same when you're done.

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
Finally, brakes are done. Also got my fuel filter and pump unit installed on the tank. Just need to run a couple short hoses and then that's done too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Messed up a little on the rear winch mount. I was reusing part of the rear bumper from my old truck and when I shortened it I kept the fairlead in the center. Well because my frame is so much narrower in the rear the winch wouldn't fit so I had to notch the frame a little. Also took some pics of how my D-ring mounts are tied into the frame. The rears are 5/8 inch plate and the fronts are 1/2 inch with a spacer and another peice of 3/16 inch plate to sandwich the frame tube. Still looks ugly but it's not finished yet. When the frame is complete everything will come apart and get finish welded and sand blasted before paint.

Attachments

201 - 220 of 1089 Posts