Pirate 4x4 banner

141 - 160 of 1089 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #141 (Edited)
Well, works been busy. So I have not been able to get much done on the truck. I've been buying parts, just not a lot of work. I have all the tubing and hoses to run the coolant lines to the radiator, finally bought the other two calipers I needed, have most of the fittings and hoses I need for the brake plumbing, and bought the power steering pump and reservoir for the rear steering. I needed to get the pumps mounted so I can mount the reservoirs, then I can start on the coolant tubes. Took some time to get the pump mounts right, but I'm happy with how it all turned out. I could'nt find any Saginaw style pulleys to fit what I was trying to do so I had some stock pulleys bored out to fit the Saginaw shafts. The left pump will run the front steer and the right pump will run the rear steer and hydroboost. Ideally I would run the booster off the left pump but the pump is mounted higher and the reservoir is taller and won't fit above the pump and under the hood on that side.

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
So I had some time to work on this thing today... I was finally able to get both rear fenders installed. The first one was easy. Getting the second one to match was a pain in the ass! I can see I am gonna need to add a little to the rear bumper on both sides to protect the fender corners. I narrowed up the rear a little over 20 inches. It was easy because of the way the fenders are not attached to any bed. It was necessary to keep the tires out of the fenders when they are turned. I didn't want to cut the fenders if I could avoid it. The rear axle is pushed back about a foot from the stock location.

they always look good from the rear, how about a side pic of the bed sides mounted, full side view of the sportrac

you fab those idler pulley brackets? any ways there pretty cool, no sarcasim. :D

·
Registered
3,156 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #148 (Edited)
they always look good from the rear, how about a side pic of the bed sides mounted, full side view of the sportrac

you fab those idler pulley brackets? any ways there pretty cool, no sarcasim. :D
Yes, I built the idler pulley brackets. Pulleys are to tension the A/C belt on Deere and Hitachi excavators, I found them at work. They are meant for a 5/8 inch belt but they are deep enough to be fine with 1/2 inch belts. The brackets that they fit in the OE applications are way to expensive to buy just to cut up so I had to build.

There's a side view with bed sides in post #122 on page 5. Still hunting for front fenders...

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Here's what I got from work, it comes as an assembly and it's pretty spendy. If anyone is interested pm me and I'll give the part number.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Did some more work today. I put the hood back on so I could check clearances underneath. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be, it's a long ways up in the air. It's the first time it's been on since I started this project and it was nice to see everything fits.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
After I got the hood on and did some measuring I built a spreader bar to go between the front shock hoops. I also figured out were I wanted to put the steering reservoirs and got mounts built for them. Everything is just tacked in for now. I still have to figure out were to put my final fuel filter since I moved it from the stock location. I am thinking about using something other than the stocker. I have some Deere units I could use that are taller and thinner and would be easier to fit... I also have to find a place for my air filter housing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Got a little more work done today. Started building the tubes to run the coolant to the radiator. I ran some tube for the cooling system. The tubes run through the engine mount arms because I didn't really have room to go over or under them. Plus it helps support the tubes without having to use so many clamps.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #155 (Edited)
Had to put the petcock in to be able to bleed the air from the engine... It's lower than the radiator, but all the tubes run down low so air would get trapped and the coolant would not fill the engine.

Attachments

141 - 160 of 1089 Posts