Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY FIRST ACT AS KING

As the current King of the Hammers, I would like to ask everyone on Pirate to help me fight to keep our public lands open to the public.

The Obama Administration is considering using the Antiquities Act to grab 13 million acres of public and private lands in 11 western states as National Monuments without any public input. He is considering putting Monuments in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.

Many of these lands have 4x4 trails on them, and the Antiquities Act allows the President to establish National Monuments on those lands which would take away our access.

WHAT I AM ASKING YOU TO DO:

STEP 1: Click on the following link to go to BRC's Rapid Response Center.
http://www.sharetrails.org/rapid_response/ and in the "Contact Lawmakers"
box type your zip code and click GO. Click on your representative's name
and then click on the Contact tab to locate their phone number or e-mail.
Follow the same steps for each senator.

STEP 2: When you call or e-mail, use the talking points below to help make your point.
Be brief and polite, but make sure the staff person understands you OPPOSE
new National Monuments.

What to say:
The Obama Administration is considering using the Antiquities Act to designate National Monuments on 13 million acres of public and private lands in 11 western states.
I am asking you to go on record as opposing any unilateral monument designations by the Administration. Also, I want you to sponsor or co-sponsor legislation that requires Congressional review of Antiquities Act proclamations. This process should also allow for State and local government as well as public input before any designation takes place.
Given the economic crisis our nation is in today, this is not a good use of my taxes.
Thank you for allowing me to express my concern.

KEEP PUBLIC LANDS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!

Loren

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
DONE.

Confirmation

Congress.org enables elected officials to hear from you. Now we'd like to know what you are hearing from them! If you have a response to one of your messages from an elected official that you would like to share, please email it to [email protected]

·
16,230 Posts
Awesome. Just plain awesome. :smokin:

ALL HAIL THE KING!

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

·
Not a Wenzelite
36,696 Posts
Way to use your position for our common good. :beer: to the King!

done

MT4Runner said:
I am respectfully and vehemently asking you to go on record as opposing any National Monuments being unilaterally designated on 13 million acres of public and private land in Montana and 10 other western states.

This is an egregious misuse of the Antiquities Act; this land grab does not benefit our common good, and will be at the immediate detriment of our current economic crisis. I oppose the use of my tax dollars being used to lock away our Federal public land.

I urgently request that you sponsor or co-sponsor legislation rquiring Congressional review of Antiquities Act proclamations--and ask that any proclamations be reviewed individually, and not en masse like that atrocious Omnibus Federal Lands bill last year.

Our State and local Governments and local citizens must have a say in any such designations--please do not allow Washington DC big government to dictate our lives in Montana. The Federal Government exists and serves at the will of the States and the People--not the other way around.

·
2,773 Posts
Done. Sent to...

Sen. Feinstein
Sen. Boxer
Rep. Waxman

k.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Sent to the bitches in MN. Although with one of the Senators we have, he'll probably think it's a joke that anyone would oppose it anyway...

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
a royal decree to fight :smokin:

now that is what I am talking about !!!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Done.

I sent it to my local rep in Congress. (Rep Campbell (republican) in South Orange County). I am not sure I should bother with Feinstein and Boxer. What do you guys think? Still worth sending to those liberal bitches?

1 - 20 of 115 Posts