Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
jeep pics

Here are some pics of my 1951 CJ3A. Not running yet but, but rolls. I started the buildup this summer and hopefully will be done in another few months. So far I built a tube frame for it, 4 linked front and rear, 2"x16" fox coilovers, dana 60 front, 14 bolt rear, detroits and 5.13 in both, 327 'vette engine, sanderson block hugger headers, sm465, twin sticked dana 300, 15x10 allied beadlocks, 39.5" TSLs, 104" wheelbase, 105% AS rear, 85% up front, extended front clip for radiator clearance, and i put in a new floor. and to finish it up i am goin to add: full hydro steering, drivelines, TBI conversion, fuel cell, do all the wiring, brakes, exhuast(single flowmaster), run frame tie-ins to cage, make seat mounts for prp seats and harnesses, make skid plate, dual optimas, rocker sliders, fill old gas spout holes, possibly paint red. right now it weighs 3120 lbs, it will be another few hundred more when its done but im pretty happy with the weight so far. let me know what you think.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i would like to look at your rig, but your link doesnt work....

Brian

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can i e mail them to someone to post up? im still trying to figure out how to work webshots, the link works for me but its blocked to the public.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Jeep pics

I think i got it figured out. try that one.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Nope, make it a public file on webshots

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you tried the new link i just posted? i set it up as a public file

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah yeah i know, does it atleast work now?

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
BAD ASS!

It is so refreshing to see a thread titled "My First Rig" and it actually be something this bad ass, rather than a new Jeep Cherokee on 31's.

That thing looks good, congrats on all the hard work paying off. I've always thought guys that built flatfenders either have big cohones or an appetite for rolling. Sweet Rig

·
Registered
933 Posts
Awesome work. Very cool to see you started your first project right. Keep up the good work and maybe post some pics of it on the trail :D

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
is it just me or does that sorta remind you of the willys that was in TTC a few years back with the 44front and 12 bolt rear with 38.5s, forgot who the owner was

and whats up with the front driveline angle? is it just me or is the pinion pointed WAY too high?

anyways, it looks good, get some real action shots!

wes

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When i said I stretched the front clip, I actually meant just the grille. If you look close you can see some 16 guage sheet metal formed around the grille leading back to the hood and fenders. I moved the grille 3" forward. And yes I did all the work myself after spending hours upon hours researching on this site. I had very minimal knowledge or skill about all of this just 10 months ago. Dave and Ryan from polyperformance helped me over the phone with my 4 link numbers. They were a lot of help. I built it in AZ not san luis obispo, otherwise they might have been able to see it and help out, but i showed it to dave when I came back here for school and he gave me his stamp of approval.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think you're talking about Toby Lavender with his CJ3B in 2002's TTC. although he has a 14 bolt SF and a 10 bolt front I believe. His rig was a lot of inspiration for me. and no the front pinion angle is not up way too high, its possible its slightly off but I can adjust the heims to fix that whenever I get my drivelines. And I am obviously running CV's so the pinion needs to be pointed at the T/case output.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts