Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to go to rubicon soon but do not know anything about what it is like.
I want to know how do you camp? Is it tent camping along the trail or RV camping? Is the room to park a 40ft RV plus a trailer?

like I said I know nothing about the Rubicon so I have no idea where to even start.

Another Q.
I got a 99' TJ that soon is going to have D44's and air lockers. It is only lifted 4" with 32's at the time. could this do the rubicon?

I also got a big 76'. I could bring that but do I need it? I have to trailer the CJ and I can just tow the wrangler.

Tell me what you think.
Matt

·
Banned
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay sounds good.
So when I get there I unhook from the jeep, and park the coach.
Then on the trail I can use my wrangler.
How long does it take to do the trail? And whats the temp around March?
Are there level camping sites along the trail or is it mostly slanted?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
590 Posts
i dont think you want to try in march for the first time, especially with 32's.
It will be cold and there is snow, usually alot of it, and you would have to go through the backside, not the loon side. You should try in July or August. :smokin:

·
Banned
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay I plan for July. I upgraded my jeep to 35's now.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
You upgraded your Jeep to 35s in 8 hours....? I assume that means you just bought new tires. Did you upgrade your driving at the same time? In 24 hours you may as well plan on March!

Take a look at all the threads in this forum and hit the Search function. I don't usually jump on the "search!!" bandwagon, but there's plenty (and then some) information on this forum that you need to read. It's out there. Go find it.

Paul

·
Banned
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay thanks. Yes I did buy new tires today for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts