Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
to start off with im 17 still in high school, and i work part time, i been lookin around here for a while now, about 8 months ago i bought my frist toyota 1980 for 1200$ sense then ive been buying parts, and wanted to start a build on here to see what you guys think and give me some ideas.

sorry about the small pic its the only one i could find

put some bigger shakels on the front and took off the ugly bumper and went wheeling

also found out my front drive line was to short but for the most part i was happy with it, a few days later made a square front driveline, and let one of my friends talk me into dovetailing it. some pics of that

also got some 33s for now, this is the best pic of the dove i can find for now,

so here is the list if things im gonna do:
ifs rear
63s
ruf
high steer
build the axles
35s
try to keep it as low as possible
sliders
bumpers
wheel spacers for the front
duals when i get the money
maybe more dove
parts the i already have:
ifs rear
63s
rear springs
high steer
some diff armor/truss
35s
sliders, back bumper
wheel spacers
started on the truck last weekend and got the 63s in and rear axle

armor and truss:D

·
Registered
487 Posts
Wow dude go back and edit that post its confusing as hell to read your words are all over the place with the pics :flipoff2: good Start to the build tho

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hey that's how my build was, minus the dovetail. Word of advice add an alarm or hidden killswitch or something. That's why I'm now driving 94 instead of my beloved 81. Damn thieves.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey that's how my build was, minus the dovetail. Word of advice add an alarm or hidden killswitch or something. That's why I'm now driving 94 instead of my beloved 81. Damn thieves.
okay ill have to do that when its back on the ground, sorry about the truck man

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i got a good deal on a tailgate so i bought it, and got my front axle all painted, oh also found some wheeling pics

·
Registered
274 Posts
def a good start :smokin: wish i knew all the shit you do when i was 17.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
def a good start :smokin: wish i knew all the shit you do when i was 17.
thanks man, i want mine to sit as low as yours on 42s:smokin:, you did a ruf, did you add any leafs?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice build....Last ride on the snowmobile this weekend, going to have to pull the yota out and start working on that. playing around on this site again has got me the itch!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's the one. Glad to see it didn't a body lift and thornbirds.

The guy I bought that truck from would crap if he seen it, he was about to scrap it.
well im glad he didn't for the most part its strate and no major rust, just some surffice rust here and there, but that will be gone soon.....:D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

from the night we started to pull it apart i thought this was a cool pic

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
made my front springs today three from the stock rear pack and four from a 90 2wd rear pack and from the looks of it im gonna have to lower the rear a inch or two.. get some pics tomorrow

1 - 20 of 182 Posts