Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
does it feel too stiff with bronco coils? im not sure how much more a v8 bronco front end weighs in comparison. just curious

I went with Wild Horse 5.5" EB coils and Ballistic adjustable buckets, Pro-Comp 14" travel shocks and Ballistic towers.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
does it feel too stiff with bronco coils? im not sure how much more a v8 bronco front end weighs in comparison. just curious
I was worried when I ordered them, but they are the "Rock Crawler" type of Wild Horses coils, designed to be more flexy. I'm very happy with the spring rate, even with my aluminum headed v6.

Sorry, can't make it to Haspin this weekend, I had to order tube adapters, and tie rod ends to replace my worn out heims. :shaking:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Got my T.R.E.'s. Moved the trackbar up a couple inches, new bracket.
Just had to bend the trackbar a little to clear the diff cover. Looks like the draglink will have to be bent also, to clear the oil pan. Still waiting on tube adapters.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Time to start the cage. First I'm going to eliminate the body lift. Planning on tieing the cage into the shock towers and coil buckets(which have started to bend inward). Going to try to shorten the nose a little too, for better approach angle. Not yet sure how I'm going to land the cage onto the frame yet, suggestions and tips would be cool, since this will be my first cage. Got Bend Tech SE to make it easier.:smokin:

·
Registered
810 Posts
wow. did the montero have a full interior before? if not do you plan on putting it all back afterwards?

Poly performance makes a roll cage tie in to the cage "kit" if you will. basically tubing in a T with bushing at the part that attaches to body. it attaches brackets to mount the T that sandwiches cage to body.

hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
hey do you have any more pics of the front 231 box shifter? i was planning on having to reuse the original shifter but your cable shifter looks pretty nice. did you buy it? or fab it?
Don't have any other pics of the shifter. It's a 1990 Eclipse manual trans shifter modified to move in only one direction, and with one of the two cables removed. I had it in my garage so I used it. I mounted it under the seat.

wow. did the montero have a full interior before? if not do you plan on putting it all back afterwards?

Poly performance makes a roll cage tie in to the cage "kit" if you will. basically tubing in a T with bushing at the part that attaches to body. it attaches brackets to mount the T that sandwiches cage to body.

hope this makes sense.
Yeah, I still have all the interior but don't know if it will go back in or not. I'll check on that Poly Performance thing and yes, it makes sense. Isolating the body from the cage is how I want to do it. Thanks:D

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Some progress on the cage.
The main hoop.

In.

Going to mount next to body mount bracket.

Front down tube

Then this build went a little off-track

·
Registered
113 Posts
NICE!!!!!! Ive been waiting to see the cage get built since you played with your bender for a bumper on the ranger.

And I'm really interested in seeing what a chopped sports gonna look like. Waiting for a chopped gen II

·
Registered
238 Posts
Holy fucking hell that looks amazing!!!

i've considered doing that so many times to mine but i have practically zero body damage and cant talk myself into it :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
What are your plans for the back seats? Looks like they will be sticking through the rear?

Looks awesome!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
When bolted in, the back seat can be in the middle or uprightmost positions. With the window open it might go back to the pimpmost position.:grinpimp:

·
Registered
226 Posts
That thing looks awesome. I've been watching your build since the start, you're the reason I went radius arms and coils instead of leafs. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thanks, glad you guys like it. Got most of the cage pieces done and test fitted.

Nothing is tacked but so far it all fits pretty good, thanks to Bend-Tech Pro.:smokin:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Little progress has been made. Work's been so busy.

All the tops are welded ready to lift the cage to the cieling for the last time.

21 - 40 of 179 Posts