Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got this yesterday, new to the world of 1911s, and also my first pistol. I have shot 3 different 1911's before but none were colts. Basically have heard that the chrome plate cuts the value in half, but that is fine with me...I want to shoot it, and it shoots well. First pic shows the wood grips I was given for it, it still wears the gi plastic.

I traded a hi point 995 9mm carbine and $325 for it. Came with case and 1 cheap gun show mag. What do you think?

edit: I know the pics suck. Seems like all the blemishes really pop out, but it does look good in person.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
I'm not a huge 1911 fan but I'd be pretty damn happy if I traded a highpoint and 325 for that.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
My pop has one with the original parkerized finish. I dig 'em. One day I hope to pick one up in 10mm.

·
Banned
4,510 Posts
Nice gun, I like it.

Great score.
I almost fell out of my chair reading that.:flipoff2:

come awn, all 1911's need the mark of shame :D
I did it to my first 1911, I had never taken one apart before and I put a pretty good dumbass dent in it. I recently had the frame duracoated to hide my shame.:homer:

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I didn't know it was called the mark of shame, haha but as soon as I got it I took it to my buddy's father in law who is an ex police chief and gun nut. He showed me how to field strip it and explained about scratching it with the slide release. He even gave me the wood grips.

I need to practice taking it apart, but I think I got it down.

Same guy decoded the serial # for me and said it was made in 1943, it is stamped united states property, and if i care to believe the previous owner's story this gun has killed some Japs somewhere in the Pacific.

flatlander: I don't know what 70 series reproduction means, like I said I'm a noob to 1911's.

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
I didn't know it was called the mark of shame, haha but as soon as I got it I took it to my buddy's father in law who is an ex police chief and gun nut. He showed me how to field strip it and explained about scratching it with the slide release. He even gave me the wood grips.

I need to practice taking it apart, but I think I got it down.

Same guy decoded the serial # for me and said it was made in 1943, it is stamped united states property, and if i care to believe the previous owner's story this gun has killed some Japs somewhere in the Pacific.
Awesome:usa:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts