Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Just set the neutral mesh in a little bit of standing water. Something that is not flammable. That will help finish them off quickly and if they do catch fire then are in a little water.

Good idea. Was running all evening so I didn't get a chance to do anything yet. Going to build one this weekend. Keep the design ideas coming. Picking up a neon transformer tomorrow for a power supply.

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Fence Charger

Good idea. Was running all evening so I didn't get a chance to do anything yet. Going to build one this weekend. Keep the design ideas coming. Picking up a neon transformer tomorrow for a power supply.
I am wondering if an electric fence charger would kill the little bastards? Much easier to to find and cheaper then a neon sign transformer.

Now that I am thinking about it; some of the neon sign transformer can throw a nice hot arc and cause a fire. 15kv @ 60ma. :mad3:

·
Damn kids
14,329 Posts
An oil burner ignition transformer might be easier to find and less expensive.

Or, to keep the theme, Rube Goldberg a nice old Mallory ignition and Pertronix their ass!

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
10,026 Posts

·
Damn kids
14,329 Posts
What's the over/under on this?

I'm betting that it won't work because their accursed rodent reflexes will twitch them clear before they are seriously injured.

EDIT: Brimmstone, you must support science the way Edison did. Make two, one is DC and the other AC. See which one catches the mouse.

·
Registered
344 Posts
i have got to see the results of this. i was wanting to make one of these, but not near enough electrical experience to feel safe about building one. Id love to see a mouse shot at 150 psi.. or say 100 FPS. :lmao:

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
While you're waiting on that, try building the air gun one and have it pointed at a metal trash can lid with a target on it. :laughing:
I can maybe get away with roasted mouse concerning my wife. No way in hell I'll get away with splattered mouse. I like my balls hanging right were they are thank you very much.

Oil burner transformers put out 15 to 30KV and might be easier to find.

Or rig up an old electronic ignition and coil.
Will have to look around. Sadly I'm in southeast Texas where oil burning heaters aren't that common.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Meanwhile, after an awesome first kill, my "rat zapper ultra" is just giving me false alarms every few days. :(

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Meanwhile, after an awesome first kill, my "rat zapper ultra" is just giving me false alarms every few days. :(
moisture from the floor will cause it, put the trap on cardboard or wood.

sometime I forget to check mine and the dead mouse get a little rotten, I need to put it in a shallow pan of water/dish soap and clean it out.

·
Gravity Works!
30,945 Posts
I can maybe get away with roasted mouse concerning my wife. No way in hell I'll get away with splattered mouse. I like my balls hanging right were they are thank you very much.
I know better then call you a pussy. :laughing::flipoff2:

My mouser has been working OT lately. I have mouse parts up by my deck and a chipmunk tail laying by my door. :laughing:

I should call her Freddie Kruger instead of psycho. :lmao:

41 - 59 of 59 Posts