Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
unless im looking at it the wrong way the correct ackerman angle would require the arms to tap to the out side towards the tires even if it behind the axle. in fact i have made a bunch of lego technic models of different set ups just to better understand the difference.

cliff

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hey, just another guy in line to compliment you, wish you luck, and eager to hear the results.
Thanks.
I hope they work as well as I hope.

BTW, ecliff, I finally modeled up the front axle(I haven't taken enough measurements to be sure that it is right, but close) and the arms are a little off.
The radius post will be a bit behind the rear axle.
Although I did design these without taking the IFS hub bodies into account.
We'll see how they work.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
one question, not sure if you answered this or not. wouldn't it have been easier to have the back part of the arms flat or even down to miss the springs? would have given you more room for the oil pan and you don't need "highsteer" behind the axle. they do look good though.
I'm sure you're right, but when I designed these, I had an IFS Toy and was afraid that I was going to have issues with the springs.
I need to get them put on in the next couple months so wheeling this summer with have less breakage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1956 F100 Black and Red

Hi 4runner freak, Did you just purchase a 1956 F100 Black and Red color and engine swap to a for coyote 5.0 v8? And the seller claimed he's in Poland and wants to sell you the car through FASTEST KELEMEN TESARIK? I just want to know how it went because I was wanting to buy it but I decided not to.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Hi 4runner freak, Did you just purchase a 1956 F100 Black and Red color and engine swap to a for coyote 5.0 v8? And the seller claimed he's in Poland and wants to sell you the car through FASTEST KELEMEN TESARIK? I just want to know how it went because I was wanting to buy it but I decided not to.
He hasn’t logged on in 3 years :laughing:

41 - 54 of 54 Posts