Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 100 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Got my driveline back, and installed it today. Test drive went good. I didn't snap any pics of it cut before I painted it and put it in, but here is a pic before it was cleaned and cut.

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,981 Posts
Got my driveline back, and installed it today. Test drive went good. I didn't snap any pics of it cut before I painted it and put it in, but here is a pic before it was cleaned and cut.
Hopefully the ramcharger driveshaft lasts a while longer:flipoff2:

Did you end up shortening it yourself, or DS shop?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Hopefully the ramcharger driveshaft lasts a while longer:flipoff2:

Did you end up shortening it yourself, or DS shop?
I had it shortened by Bud at AAA Driveline. He was very professional, he gave me a good deal, and he did it on a Saturday. If anyone is looking for a good driveline shop in Sac, I highly recommend Bud!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I have been having problems with what I thought were the rear brakes. After more investigating, i found that I have a bad rear axle bearing, and I have parked the Scout for the time being. I am now collecting parts to swap in a different rear end. The guy with the 12 bolt, and 9" never came through with the parts. I traded a pressure washer and an amp for a complete Chevy 10 bolt with leafs, perches, and a set of 6 lug rims. Collecting the rest of the parts as soon as possible to start the swap on the rear.

I am also selling another car of mine to hopefully pay to swap my 44 into the front.

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
I had it shortened by Bud at AAA Driveline. He was very professional, he gave me a good deal, and he did it on a Saturday. If anyone is looking for a good driveline shop in Sac, I highly recommend Bud!
PM me some info, you said he is working out of his garage now? I just got mine shortened by Driveline service in west sac, I have never used them but figured I'd try them out. I think they shortened it too much but hey - if it doesn't fall out I guess I am all good..

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #93 (Edited)
The 10 bolt and springs were dropped off earlier this week. I decided not to run them because I got a good deal on a set of 4 Rubicon Express Extreme-Duty 4" lift springs that have very low miles on them from a YJ. I will be running these front and rear. The 10 bolt goes in tomorrow, and the 44 will go in as soon as possible after that. I will post more pics tomorrow

10 Bolt Pressure Washed

Perches removed and ready to be installed

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
pretty sure the new perches go right where those pads are? You might want to measure..

Why did ya chop off the sway bar? Now that is a creative oil catch pan!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #95 (Edited)
Well I hope they don't need to go there, but if they do I will be cutting them off first thing. I promised to give the sway bar back to they guy who i got the rear end from. The antifreeze bottles work great for catching oil, but you have to be careful since they are small. Cheap and you have a removable lid to empty :smokin:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Went over to Brandon's this morning to do the swap. We almost finished but ran out of time for the day, plus I forgot my U bolts:mad3:. Tomorrow we will slap on the u bolts, and rims on and I will be driving home. I have to get a crossbred U joint from West Coast Differentials on Monday, so I will be going home in FWD tomorrow. One problem we ran into is it is now to tall to pull out of the garage with the tires on. Brandon, I know it isn't finished yet, but thanks again I really appreciate all of your help.

Point of no return

No More Rear End

Frame cleaned up

Getting Closer

Shock tabs welded in

Needs U Bolts!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #99 (Edited)
I know I have a lot of nice things on my scout that you would really like, but please try not to take anything tonight. :p

.......on second thought, want a dana 44 rear? :homer:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Just got home with the Scout. It sits a lot higher than I had planned, and it will be higher with the Rubicon Express springs, and the 35" tires. Looks like I am going to have to switch it over to spring under until I can ditch the body lift. Regardless of how high it sits, I am very happy with the quality of work and how well the swap went. The front is next, I will be prepping the D44 this week.

81 - 100 of 303 Posts