Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the old Lady let me get a new rig. She says it belongs to her since the reason I had to sell the old one was because of a little DWI some jerk gave me while I was minding my own business riding a scooter at the ROT rally after a few JD and cokes. I figured I would start a build thread for my new rig even though it was mostly built when I got it. I did have to go back and rebuild damn near the whole truck. Sadly I dont think the wife will ever allow me to build one from the ground up again. Its a hell of allot cheaper to buy something thats done and then make it your own. Its also much cheaper to get a cab or just don't drink at all. Anyway we where calling it the raisin when I got it because it looked like this.

Its not quite a raisin anymore but the way I drive it its well on its way. Heres some pics of the transformation.

And here it is now

I just made the bed cage and the roof top bar is for a rigid industries led light bar that I dont want to damage. Heres a pic of the new trailer and my wifes new Sequoia/my tow rig :) with the truck on it.

I know some of you guys have allready seen some of these pics I just wanted to put them all in one place and start the new rig its own thread because there is allot in store for it!

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
94 Toyota Reg Cab stock motor and trans
Duel cases with Marlin adapter stock/4.7 marlin gears TG twin stick and sky driveline ebrake Budbuilt skid plate and bombproof mounts
PSC full hydro with single ended ram and trailgear pump
Front axle has a strange big bearing 3.250 nodular iron 3rd with 6.66's and a detroit 4340 inner and outer 35 spline shafts, CTM's and the outers are kingpin 60
Rear is strange big bearing 3rd 6.66's with full spool 4340 35 spline shafts full float 60 outers
drive shafts are .250 wall with marlin slip splines and CV joints
Front TG 4inch springs Rear alcans 5100's all around
tires are goodyear old style mtr 40's on MT 17's
In cab cage
Warn HS9500
All pro front bumper that has been cut down and redone after it got all bent up
Seats are out of a 2004 taco

·
Registered
191 Posts
thats a good looking toyota man love the single cab 3rd gens my wife made me get rid of the pickup and build a runner for the family sure miss wheeling the pickups
clean build man

·
Registered
876 Posts
1st

To say your rear shackle angle sucks. :homer:

Seriously fix that shit. :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1st

To say your rear shackle angle sucks. :homer:

Seriously fix that shit. :flipoff2:
I knew I could count on some PBB guys to point out the obvious. Thanks for the tip the shackle angle sucks as well as a few other things that the previous owner did. Some of the fab work is top notch and some of it flat out blows.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I knew I could count on some PBB guys to point out the obvious. Thanks for the tip the shackle angle sucks as well as a few other things that the previous owner did. Some of the fab work is top notch and some of it flat out blows.
yes, its obvious..

however I am confused why you would do body work prior to fixing something simple like that. carry on, its your ride. :flipoff2:

edit: or your old ladies ride

·
"All Weeee Drive!"
12,033 Posts
Nice swap....

A friend did the same thing with an old rig, but he swapped on a extended cab & tubed the bed. Made for a great wheel base & good inside cab room

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes, its obvious..

however I am confused why you would do body work prior to fixing something simple like that. carry on, its your ride. :flipoff2:

edit: or your old ladies ride
I like to be pretty and I just happened to find a bed for 80 bucks before I had a chance to fix the shackle angle. I am sure there is an endless list of things people could think of that would help me more than some new skin on the truck. Why did you spend the time to put a hood scoop on the truck in your avatar pic? Does it make it crawl faster?

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
I like to be pretty and I just happened to find a bed for 80 bucks before I had a chance to fix the shackle angle. I am sure there is an endless list of things people could think of that would help me more than some new skin on the truck. Why did you spend the time to put a hood scoop on the truck in your avatar pic? Does it make it crawl faster?
Opinions are like assholes.....(you know the rest)

You still doing HF this weekend even with the weather being as shitty as it is??

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Opinions are like assholes.....(you know the rest)

You still doing HF this weekend even with the weather being as shitty as it is??
Probably not unless you have some good rain gear I can wear. No doors and a face full of mud is not my idea of a good time. But we need to go there or K2 soon.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Yeah with as much as its been raining i think im out. Even with full doors and a windshield I just hate mud and especially the cleanup afterwards. Wrenching and getting showered with caked on dirt is no bueno.

A group of us had talked about HF for new years...what do you think?

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good job cleaning it up. Ive always liked that truck. Been wanting to build the same axles just like everyone else has posted.
Thanks there was a lot more to it then just new sheet metal. I rebuilt the front axle end to end kingpins, bearings everything. Completely rebuilt the transfercase's, they were leaking everywhere. Everything that was serviceable on the truck was in dire need of attention. The previous owner is a friend of a friend and he would load it on a trailer beat it up then put it back in his yard. The front axle had absolutely no grease or gear lube in it anywhere just dirt. The transmission and rear end were bone dry as well. The engine oil and gas was more than three years old according to him. I am probably going to have to replace the gas tank because the fuel filter keeps getting clogged with rust. But it is all a labor of love!

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Yeah with as much as its been raining i think im out. Even with full doors and a windshield I just hate mud and especially the cleanup afterwards. Wrenching and getting showered with caked on dirt is no bueno.

A group of us had talked about HF for new years...what do you think?
I am with you on the mud and cleaning it up its kind of like booze and a hangover. Its fun untill the next day when you have to deal with it. I work new years eve but get off at 7am new years day. I am down to come out that morning for sure.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts