Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My body brushings that are sandwiched between the frame and body are pretty cracked. So however should I go with either OEM brushings, or 1" or 2" body lift?
Would 2" be a big deal if you bolt on a suspension kit later on?
Do I have to adjust anything like the radiator for a 2" body lift or what else.
who sells quality body brushings for the lowest price possible?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Whether you go with a body lift or not, it still requires bushings...the lift pucks are seperate and independent of the bushings. I would go poly body bushings , myself, Energy suspension sells them for around 80 bux a set.

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
liliysdad said:
Whether you go with a body lift or not, it still requires bushings...the lift pucks are seperate and independent of the bushings. I would go poly body bushings , myself, Energy suspension sells them for around 80 bux a set.
Where can I get brushings instead of being ripped off by the Ford dealer?

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am confused here, since you say I need new brushings beside a body lift, are the brushings included with the body lift, or are they separate. So how much am I looking to spend for brushings?
I don't trust hockey pucks.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
A body lift and body bushings for your Bronco are two totally different things. If you need bushings, they are 80 bucks for Energy Suspension poly units. The body lift will run you about the same price, maybe a little less, depending on size and brand.

·
KY Mtn Crawler
2,916 Posts
MikeW said:
Do I have to adjust anything like the radiator for a 2" body lift or what else.
I am not sure about a 2" body lift but a 3" that I did on mine will require lengthing the clutch rod(not a big deal), Adjust the shifting linkages, and adjust the throtle.
Now on the radiator part. I didn't have to do a thing. Just remember that you radiator is expossed to getting jobbed.

·
Registered
493 Posts
MikeW said:
brushings
They are called BUSHINGS :flipoff2:

The bushings and the BL will be sold seperately.

For the BL, if the fan shroud is only the top half, not the full circle, you MIGHT not have to worry about the radiator. If it is the full shroud, you will either have to move either the shroud or the rad. down.

Be carefull when you lift it, watch for brake lines, wires, and such so that it doesn't pull, break, or pinch any of them.

Also, make sure you inspect the body mount brackets when it is apart. I had to replace 3 of 4 on my Ranger when I repaced the bushings. They had rusted out to the point that the new poly would go through the mount.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
liliysdad said:
I would go poly body bushings , myself, Energy suspension sells them for around 80 bux a set.
I'd disagree. The poly bushings put more stress on the body, increase the severity of the roof cracks and increase the frequency of floor pan tears, etc in the FS Broncos.

Stick with the rubber bushings at least until you put a cage in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts