Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm really sick of working on this fawkin thing. Here's what I've done in 2 months

1.75 HREW bent with manual JD2
Sliders are .188 DOM (bent a pin in the bender and gave me a hernea)
AA duals with 4.7s
5" tcase lift
4.10's spooled rear welded front
both axles shaved
Longfields/chromolies
Rockstomper beadlocks on 2" back spaced 15X8's with 38.5X16 TSL's (got 'em cheap 38.5X14 SX's when they wear out)
Rockstomper 2" ram assist kit
44044/chevys with no block or AL's and its sit level with the 44044 :D
2 link to stop wrap (go 4 link and coils next winter)

That's all I can think of right now

Mocked up on 38's real pics this weekend :flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Not bad, but I see a problem, look at where your spreaders sit, they need to hit where the front verticles are, I can see that failing on a hard hit.. But looks good..

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
crash said:
Not bad, but I see a problem, look at where your spreaders sit, they need to hit where the front verticles are, I can see that failing on a hard hit.. But looks good..
Thanks Crash. How about a gusset from where the spreader hits the halo down to the vertical to make a little triangle? Wouldn't that be stronger than if it was just welded directly above the vertical with no gusset? I'm also thinking about adding a straight tube from where the spreaders meet down the middle of the X.

Cool pic Booger, where is that?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No engine lift with stock mounts. The drivers side mount is chained to the frame. I wanted to keep the CG as low as possible. The engine sits just about level.

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
mudtruck44 said:
Tank Trap?
yeah, but i heard it was even sloppier(boarpoop/mud mix) when they ran you guys thru it:eek: OOPS even flopped his rig here, i hope it wasnt sooo muddy:laughing:

yardog, do you have any pix of the 5" drivetrain lift(tilt:D) with the angle of the stock motor mounts? and maybe an idea of how your gonna do the interior? i really like the look of your rig:D

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Yes, some lil stringers will help transfer the energy, but still not as strong as if the verticle/stringer were lined up, but if you were to put stringers on both sides of the verticle and spreader, it would take a good hit..

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Booger Weldz said:

yeah, but i heard it was even sloppier(boarpoop/mud mix) when they ran you guys thru it:eek: OOPS even flopped his rig here, i hope it wasnt sooo muddy:laughing:

yardog, do you have any pix of the 5" drivetrain lift(tilt:D) with the angle of the stock motor mounts? and maybe an idea of how your gonna do the interior? i really like the look of your rig:D
thanks booger, I'll post more pics tonight. The "interior" isn't much. I used tube coming off the sliders to hoops that go over the tranny for seat mounts. All this will be covered with 20 guage sheet metal so I don't get cooked from the heat coming off the cases. I sent some pics of the interior to flimmy, maybe if he see's this he can post them before I get a chance to late tonight.

The d train tilt really didn't affect the motor mounts at all. Stock the drive line is tilted about 3-4 back, now it's about 1 degree forward.
It did give me a freaking horrible rear drive shaft angle. I'm a little worried about it but it will never see over 20 MPH so it's no biggie. Also it's still got the 85 rear axle in it for now and the pinion isn't rotated up at all. The 2 links should hold the pinion in place so the u joint doesn't bind.

Crash, live and learn I guess. I didn't realize that would affect the strength, but some more gussets should add a lot of strength. I'm sure it will take a lot of abuse before it caves in :D

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
No prob man, its a big learning curve, and like I say the rest of it is great...

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks flimmy, you guys see that nasty d shaft angle :eek:

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
flimmy said:

Time for a cv rear shaft :D

if it's not going to ever see more than 20mph i'm not sure its necessary. i'll find out soon though, there are a few things on this thing that i'm not sure about :D

one thing i do know is that going from a daily driver/wheeler to a full on rock rig is going to kick ass!!!! it changes everything :cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looking good man!

P.S. Check out the Yota yard in denver from time to to time. I was there last week and know that they had some Marlins. I know they had two there for sure but can't remember the other number. One was 012:eek: Bet that thing is noisy! Everytime I go back I will continue to look for your number.

Mud~

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Mudnyrey1 said:
Looking good man!

P.S. Check out the Yota yard in denver from time to to time.
Mud~
Thanks Mud, so you're moving to AZ? Lucky bastid :flipoff2: From the sounds of it our crew should start making 2 trips a year out there instead of Moab.

I know Jim, and he knows about my cases. A buddy spotted a truck the other day with wheels and tires similar to mine and a budbuilt but wasn't able to get a plate #. His days are numbered I'll catch him, he's around.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
got more done today, clearance is 13.5" under the diffs and 26" to the belly.

So close I can taste it :D

:flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.