Pirate 4x4 banner

My S10 Truggy build.

205653 Views 329 Replies 88 Participants Last post by  Austingotboost
This has been extremely long time in the making. Ive been collecting parts and waiting patiently. I have had a full size Dodge and I think its pretty capable but I wanted something I could wheel and not have to worry about getting back home. It will towed most of the time. Also want it to fit on the trails! My objective is to have a vehicle that is titled and licensed but be a little wild. I decided on using a S10 2wd that didn't run when I bought it. I'm not a master fabricator but I'm gonna do my best. Here is some of the parts going into it:

350 tbi
TH 400
Atlas 4 speed(5.44 low range)
GM dana 60
14 bolt rear
All 4 link suspension
2.5" Air shocks 16" travel
Recentered Humvee wheels
42" pitbull rockers(most likely)

I've ditched the stock frame and basically starting on a vehicle from scratch. First thing I did was buy some 1/8" angle iron and get my drive train in the air to start building around.

See less See more
41 - 60 of 330 Posts
What would it look like if you flipped the grill upside down? Would make the side turn signals flow into that tube better?
It wont work because the grill is angled I think. I could maybe some how modify the turn signal lights. That would give me the same effect.
Nice work!

What kind of roll bender is that?
Thanks for the link and info, I really like the price of that setup for no more than I would use it and I can tell by what your doing with it that it will allow nice work. Keep it up!
It wont work because the grill is angled I think. I could maybe some how modify the turn signal lights. That would give me the same effect.
I checked what you were talking about and I think it will totally work like that. Good idea. MNorby thank you. :beer:
What would it look like if you flipped the grill upside down? Would make the side turn signals flow into that tube better?
I sucked the grill in closer to the cab tonight. I wanted a little better approach angle. Then welded and added a couple braces. Here you go MNorby this is what it would look like. :smokin:

See less See more
Looks good like that. A little trimming and I bet it would fit like it was made for it.
whats the plan for the cab u going to leve it all open or close it back up when ur done. Yea the S10 has so much rolled on it. We rolled like almost every one on my S10 Exo. But urs is looking good cant wait to see it done.
Nice work!
How easy is that roll Bender to use?
Looks like a bitch to remove the motor ever lol.
whats the plan for the cab u going to leve it all open or close it back up when ur done. Yea the S10 has so much rolled on it. We rolled like almost every one on my S10 Exo. But urs is looking good cant wait to see it done.
The back of the cab will make it back on there soon.
Nice work!
How easy is that roll Bender to use?
It's pretty easy to use. If I want two pieces the same I roll them together as one piece then cut them apart. Quite a bit of scrap is left too. But I like the way it looks so I'm doing it.
S10

That thing is going to be awesome! I really like the rolled tube, very clean. Good job on the build.
The pic in my before is the tube going around the rear wheels. I also worked on the hood. Still not exactly sure how I'm going to attach it. I had to cut 7" off of the length of the hood. Also worked on the bed part of the truggy. More rolled tube of course. When I started this build I didn't know I was going to be rolling so much but I think it looks good so I'm keeping it going.

See less See more
that rolled tube looks bad ass. Yea when we did my exo didnt know there was so much to roll on a little truck.
41 - 60 of 330 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.