Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..In order to get ready for this years race I decided to get this up a little early and since there are already over 110 teams registered for the race, I may be to busy to do it later..:eek:

...Anyone needing picture coverage contact me and if you haven't yet, please subscribe to my FB page to get more of the live action shots..

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shots-by-Tbars4/712147502180961

...This is going to be crazy as there are almost as many teams going to be on this shorter course as there was at KOH..

..This is going to be all out fast with lots of jumps covering the Lucas track, the motorcycle track, and part the back country hills..

..This is a huge points race for all involved and after watching the fast racing and great battles at NorCal, this may prove to be the most thrilling to watch race of the year...

...Can this prove to be more Epic than the recent NorCal race?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its pretty full out here and has been since early this afternoon. A few vehicles are being looked at right now but it is pretty quiet tonight.

..I hear they have been working on the track and it will be different than it has been. Stay tuned...pictures on my fb page for now..

..see who is wrenching at this hour..:eek:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went to sleep to the sounds of a pack of coyotes and the horns of the nearby passing mile long trains. About 70* at midnite and expected to be 90's today.

The sun just popped over the hill and I see the water truck working on the course. I hear a lone pit bike nearby, someone's walkin their dog yet everyone seems to be sleeping in.

You do have a sense this year that once this party gets started this will be a battleground for points.

Hopefully I can find loren and get a couple pics of the new ifs car..

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Posted up lorens new car pics.

I got him rolling off the trailer heading over to get in line for tech.

Sorry but I'm shooting post up pics by phone and postin to fb

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Internet is down to about nill and most seem to be here now. Multiple s turns with straights have resulted in multiple rolloverz and breakage already

Stay tuned as i will post when i can....

Was able to get more pics up to fb page..

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some of the minor carnage of various vehicles.
Track repair now then qualifying should be interesting..there are vehicles who may not make qualifying.

Not naming names but don't put to much oil in your shocks. See pcture

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some of the go fast crew found running a U4 Spec car plus more picture's posted

Heading out with the big camera

·
"It'll Be Fine"
1,670 Posts
The Facebook page is great! Thanks for posting pics and updates

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks...its easier to post pics and notes the sane time than all the work it takes to post them on forums.

All the pics so far are camera phone which is convenient but not the ultimate answer..wifi at the tracks would help but with these races getting bigger, I stillneed a couple hours sleep..:)

I've been posting till morning hours so I need to sort real pics afterwards..

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As the Sun is about to come over the hill, the first vehicle fires off in the morning air. It is, race day.

You need to get out here and some see this race as its looking to be more epic than the recent NORcal Stampede with even more vehicles.

And they are still looking for volunteers if you are looki g for the best seat in the house.

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
so who on maxxis tires, king shocks, blue side panels killed an untrussed spidertrax housing?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm just guessing #75?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so who on maxxis tires, king shocks, blue side panels killed an untrussed spidertrax housing?
..This question peaked my interest yesterday as there were text messages going out to teams asking this same question..I am curious what made this so important and where did someone see the picture before 2 pm?

Half Mast Flag

This was brought up as it was seen on one of my pictures and also noticed at the track that the Campbell's had a flag flying at half mast..

Not..All is well...Their flag was flying at the top of it's flag pole but, they also had attached their radio antenna on top of the flag pole...Being about the same diameter it appeared from a distance to be a flag at half mast..Shannon was made aware of this.

Will ?
..I didn't see any of the Heavy Metal Concept crew on course so I'm hoping they had a prior engagement and will be up in Utah..

·
Registered
763 Posts
The race was great from a spectators stand point. There were some things that I saw the should be brought up to make things safer. (Not bitching and whining I just see it as a major safety issue). At the start of the ultra 4 main a car rolled in a turn. There werent any course workers in a position to see it. We waved and yelled at them to flag it and by the rime they realized what happend the whole field already passed.I didnt see any course workers on about 50% of the course during the main. I didnt see even one fire extinguisher on the course anywhere. Most short course races have an extinguisher at most of the turns as flairs ups happen easily when they go over. The guy in the landcruiser did a great job recovering trucks though.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
..Good points..That's kind of what I'm looking for in this thread..

..The promoters of these different race venues (not just this race) do follow along and listen to see what they can change and make better for the sport and all of us from race teams to spectators..

..They love to hear feedback both good and bad but whining and complaining get ignored as they are busy doing their thing getting the races together..

..The reason I wanted to open up this thread is, I travel both sides of the fence and hear lots from everyone...

..Maybe we can all help each other by sharing what we would like to see become better at these various races..or just our positive experiences ..

What would make the races better and what would make you come back??..:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
The race was great from a spectators stand point. There were some things that I saw the should be brought up to make things safer. (Not bitching and whining I just see it as a major safety issue). At the start of the ultra 4 main a car rolled in a turn. There werent any course workers in a position to see it. We waved and yelled at them to flag it and by the rime they realized what happend the whole field already passed.I didnt see any course workers on about 50% of the course during the main. I didnt see even one fire extinguisher on the course anywhere. Most short course races have an extinguisher at most of the turns as flairs ups happen easily when they go over. The guy in the landcruiser did a great job recovering trucks though.
And they are still looking for volunteers if you are looki g for the best seat in the house.[/COLOR]

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/comp...tra4-4-wheel-parts-glen-helen-grand-prix.html 3 offers for help.

Just about no volunteers showed up, the ones that did do deserve a big Thank You!. I think it worked out ok, considering the lack of bodies. Maybe Dave need to borrow one member from everyone's pit crew?
I agree about the fire extinguishers.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
...I'm just putting this out there but, when I was out on course and asked an official if they had gotten enough volunteers I was told they had received all they had needed..

..I honestly don't know why anyone wouldn't volunteer to be a flagman or recovery person at one of these events..You get to help others, meet some of the coolest people, usually get fed and watered, and you literally get the best view in the house..

1 - 20 of 60 Posts