Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
..I will be out here all weekend taking pictures an covering some stories..:D

..If anyone has any request I will see what I can do..

..I spent the whole afternoon with Dan and the crew of Ruffstuff..Dan was busy as can be with normal duties plus the BBQ this afternoon and getting the trucks ready for welding duties at the Norcal Stampede..But those who know what a great guy Dan is know that Dan took the time out of his busy day to show me around the new huge shop and let me grab lot's of pictures for a future write up..

..While I was there, a few teams were already in line at the shop getting ready for the race tomorrow and Saturday..For now I only have a couple spy pics ..

..They are throwing some bacon on the BBQ so I got to get ready for the eats..

·
Registered
25,431 Posts
Thanks for stopping by Ted, just got home. Everyone had to call it an early night so they could get some pre running in before the prelim's tomorrow but we had a great turnout!

And thanks to the rest of you for stopping by, I am proud of what we have accomplished in the last 9 years and happy to show you all around the shop.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
..Thank you and after you get them big Lincoln welders fired up for the day, I might have to stop by and have something small welded up..:D

..I'm heading out to the track and the temps will be around 100* or above for the next few days...

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Levi Shirleys new ride just cleared tech ...

..15 minutes or so and practice will begin

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
..88 has rolled in practice...Jessie Combs took out a tire on a landing due to a rock..

...and the water trucks are now on course..

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jessie rolled and Tom Wayes is tearin up the track...Several vehicles in pits with sawzalls and grinders going..

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
keep us updated as much as you can. thanks for taking the time guys!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shirley and Currie have bent shocks..Sherrer had an oil leak and I beleive 4540 is tthe jeep that and on its front end and the whole. front end seized up..

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
602 rolled...Shirley and Combs back on track..Wayes brings full course yellow. Just before current red flag stop as drivers meeting will be at 1:30..

No times have been anounced at all as they will anounced at drivers meeting..

Tom Wayes just went by hooked by chain to an escavator dragging him off the course to his pits..

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wayes broken ds lower a arm and broken flex plate..not enough net service so I've been posting by phone..

I do promise to post some pics up in a couple hours..

Epic? This whole practice turned epic as soon as it started to get hot and slow cars were in the way..

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Times

Wayes
Hallenbeck
Cagliero
Mclaughlin
Ferravanti
S Cambell
Healy
Badossian
Stephans
Mooneyham

And a team just ran over a flex Plate for Tom Wayes team..i

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
First heat Cambell leading the way and the 45 csr rolls off into the rock creek bed.

Three other cars off course on this 30 minute heat...

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Second heat the Healy Hallenbach show from start to finish..

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Third heat Shirley second and Sherrer er er seam to have gone into limp mode 5 or 6 times in the 30 minutes..

Heat four in 15 MINUTES..

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tomorrow will be some flat out racing and if you are in the area a definite must do..

Heats are over and we are heading out to dinner and then I will start working on pics...well worth the wait..:D

1 - 20 of 133 Posts