Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i figure ill start a build thread for it on here since not everybody is smart enough to become a member of coloradok5 but here goes.

i started out by tearing up the blazer i had sittin in the driveway for about a year

i then found a pickup that was cheap as fuck it was 250 and had a 14 bolt f/f np205 and an sm465 and of course the cab.
this pic was taken after the doors and front clip were taken off

got the rest of the blazer body off just the motor was left on the frame

tranny and case

got the cab off the frame

new flywheel clutch and trans put on

put the cab on

made the rear cab crossmember

got rid of the spring hangers and stuff to prep for the 52's crossmember

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
got a new toy to play around with

finished from crossmember

temporary front end on along with the crossmember 52 inch springs and 7 inch shackles

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

shackle flip and 56's

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
pretty much ride height

start to finish of my rear bumper

got another parts blazer for free from a buddy i snatched the doors front clip interior radiator the floors and some other crap off it

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
put my gas tank in incorporated the tank straps into the bumper

started floor fix by cuttin out the pass side floor

replaced rotten support with 2x2 square tube

the rock slider 3x4 tube

rock slider frame tie ins also 2x2 square

floor welded in

floor and slider done

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bolted in the wheel well and seeing what its gunna look like when the fenders on

thats where i am now im just getting started on the floor rot on the drivers side and i have the passenger side door bolted on more to come

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got the floors all done

got the engine running after about 4 cranks after sitting for close to 2 years
also made one of the switch panels. the red toggle is the starter and the 2 black ones are for the fans

2wd steering box

xj shaft

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
No worries about the gas tank being the limiting factor on your approach angle or am I seeing things wrong?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bed being mocked up

painted

gas filler

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my keep it simple stupid idea of a rear shock inboard crossmember

bed finished

·
Registered
703 Posts
... since not everybody is smart enough to become a member of coloradok5...
:confused: :laughing: Anyways...

You have that thing done by July?You could bring it out to Blazerfest July 17th-19th :D

Oh,and I have been a member of CK5 since 2000 or 2001.Does that mean Im smart? :flipoff2:

I did the same thing back in early 2002.81 Blazer to 74 C20.The thread is still on CK5 but its so old none of the pics are good anymore.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No worries about the gas tank being the limiting factor on your approach angle or am I seeing things wrong?
its not too bad IMO but idk its the same as a regular blazer.im gunna either make a HD skid plate or ill move it further forward.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:confused: :laughing: Anyways...

You have that thing done by July?You could bring it out to Blazerfest July 17th-19th :D

Oh,and I have been a member of CK5 since 2000 or 2001.Does that mean Im smart? :flipoff2:

I did the same thing back in early 2002.81 Blazer to 74 C20.The thread is still on CK5 but its so old none of the pics are good anymore.

i plan on having this shit going within the next 2 months im going to be getting a cucv soon for the 60 and some other stuff then my case from a buddy and ill be running an eaton HO 72 out back that i just need to put on. then ill be good to go. where is blazer fest?

yes that means youre smart although i havent been enjoying ck5 lately. theres a whole new crowd of douche's that go on just to ask stupid ass questions.

do you have any rides going on soon im itching to take my other blazer wheelin

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
here my sweet ho72. its got a detroit and 4.56's. and the finished bed with toolbox on it

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice worl so far bro what size of tires you planning on running
39.5 x 14 prolly i dont really care on the width so long as theyre 39.5's im just waiting for another good craigslist deal

·
Registered
915 Posts
:lmao:

are you not worred about that gas tank?? :tank::nuke::nuke::nuke:

Looks to be lower than the frame, and in the rear :confused::eek:

·
Registered
584 Posts

that neighborhood doesnt look like gv where are you located? good luck on your build, ive got one going also

1 - 20 of 372 Posts