Pirate 4x4 banner

1721 - 1735 of 1735 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
There are two guys from Nashville discussing possibly writing a song about Willyswanter/Crewcabroller. This has been quietly in the works for a long time and is far from set but we're being asked to provide as many stories about Jason as we can from as many people as we can. It will be a song in the style of Mud on the Tires or Find Out Who Your Friends Are. It will be a country song about a good guy that loved rock crawling combined with a story about rock crawling in general. It would be like asking each person to describe Jason and tell their favorite story involving him. These are to be stories about wheeling, manufacturing, etc. as well as things he said and/or did of any kind (funny, strange, helpful, etc.). We need to provide list of all manufacturer names of parts on his truck, list of items he manufactured, talents and short comings, dreams, clubs, events and trails he's been on or involved in.

So, we need your help contacting everyone from all websites, clubs, etc. he wheeled with or interacted with over the years on all the sites and trail runs to help with all the above and anything else they can think of. What the writer will do is condense stories into 1 liners within the song and use words such as trail names or names of parts to mix through the song so that "rock crawlers will recognize them and others will want to know more about them".

You can either post here or send your stories to [email protected]

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
Are the "two guys" just song writers or contry artists we might know?

Any updated pics of the truck or recent wheeling trips?

·
Registered
622 Posts
At this point I've been asked not to discuss this information but if it goes forward there may be a wheeling trip to the Hammers with Nashville group. As for wheeling truggy; we will be in Moab second week of September for Bazer Bash with the guys from CK5.

·
Premium Member
5,179 Posts
At this point I've been asked not to discuss this information but if it goes forward there may be a wheeling trip to the Hammers with Nashville group. As for wheeling truggy; we will be in Moab second week of September for Bazer Bash with the guys from CK5.
Anxious to meet you and see the rig at BB!

My input is remembering when he first got the crew cab as a work truck, straight axles it and got swampers in 16.5 flavor since they had a higher load rating, the "uber-hitch" that was 100+ pounds that got stolen, then the half doors and bumpers and the rest is history.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Still remember the last time I got to see Jason. Met up with him and the guys from Pac Fab out at Pismo when Kevin had just finish tubing out the blazer. Remember seeing him smile while filming Ryan and the guys doing there rendition of "ghost ride the whip" around Ryans blazer, he even got some footage of me jumping my blazer. RIP gone but never fogotten!

·
Registered
195 Posts
yeah i been thinking about you guys and the rig alot. hope everyone is doing okay.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Most everything was fixed (mainly new front portal installed) for King of the Hammers this year but after the Hammers we had new issues but nothing that can't be fixed. Este has been busy so far and nothing is fixed but just last month talks started between Este, Willyswanter's Bro and myself; we are planning on being at Moab again this year. This time none of the NorCal or SoCal guys are coming so we will be joining CK5 group on trail runs and we are looking forward to it.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Thanks guys for posting on J's thread; good to see activity. IBBest; you're welcome to come see the truggy in person, just PM me and we can arrange something. Hey munepit; sticker looks good and I love the name munepit, Jason called the Truggy that many times.

1721 - 1735 of 1735 Posts