Pirate 4x4 banner

161 - 180 of 1735 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
looks like ford and nissan, as stated. you can see both logos.....

Edit: It took 30 second in paint and im no artist so keep your comments to yourself.......:)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Left is a 2004 Ford F350 rear caliper and the right is a 1991 Nissan Pathfinder front caliper.

Just FYI the fords do fit the mogs with a 13" rotor and h1 wheels :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
OK, thanks guys. I thought that was the Ford emblem, but you never know these days

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Well dang in all my exhaustion I ordered 4 left side calipers :p Oh well, guess I have to unbolt two to bleed them...

Anway, got my new centers in my new wheels. Extra thanks to GoZuki again for waterjetting me these centers in no time flat. Shiny area is where I turned them in the lathe after welding to true up the mounting surface:

Got the mog rotors turned down from 14.750" to 13.900". Then got the F350 calipers on. I abondened the 8 lug idea due to time and complexity.

I'll have a mini-writeup on the brakes since I'm sure others will be interested for their axles.

Rear suspension is pretty much set, just needs gusseting in a few spots:

Also finally got my bead protection rings welded on from 66cjDean. Bought them over a year ago lol:

Thats one down...

Hey it's almost a roller:

Also got one of my skid buffets dropped so I could cut out all of the old exhaust and get to the back of my front link crossmember so I could weld it up:

Exhaust may be a bit loud lol:

Bought 30 feet of 2.5" exhaust pipe, 6 U bends, 2 magnaflow mufflers, and a couple o2 sensor bungs and a couple o2 sensor sims. Since the truck is now green stickered I'm getting rid of the cats since they don't really fit anymore anyway so the sims will take care of the post cat sensors.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 · (Edited)
Oh wells, trucks not done for the con, I'm still going to have fun though :D

Had to test out my new PETT toilet:

Darn those 3 chillicheese dogs for a dollar specials...

:homer::laughing:

·
Registered
993 Posts
did i miss something? what happened to the 8 lug adapters and rotors?

·
Registered
9,366 Posts
Oh wells, trucks not done for the con, I'm still going to have fun though :D

Had to test out my new PETT toilet:

Darn those 3 chillicheese dogs for a dollar specials...

:homer::laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am very sorry to say that there was a tragic accident today/tonight (8/23/07) on the Rubicon run that ended Jasons life. This is 2 wheeling brothers in less than 2 weeks. RIP Jason.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Got the mog rotors turned down from 14.750" to 13.900". Then got the F350 calipers on. I abondened the 8 lug idea due to time and complexity.
Any idea on caliper brackets yet? Your saving me a crapload of time on my upcoming 74 EB/406 build, as I originally had the same thoughts on the 8 lug setup.

Also look like your truss welds the 2 axles tubes together??

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
I am very sorry to say that there was a tragic accident today/tonight (8/23/07) on the Rubicon run that ended Jasons life. This is 2 wheeling brothers in less than 2 weeks. RIP Jason.
Damn, the wheeling community has been hit hard this year.:( RIP

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Anymore info on this as to what happened? Bad year for the wheeling community...

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Wow - I just decided to read through this thread of another nice build - and get this at the end:(

RIP Jason - and the best to your friends and family.

161 - 180 of 1735 Posts