Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I would share this is my Pre Runner. I have had this truck for 15 years. It is now a retro pre runner, LOL.

Jumping my pre runner over some railroad tracks. - YouTube

Specs,
4.0L V6
5 speed
4wd
Extended and pied TTB arms
National springs with flipped hangers
Sway-A-Way shocks
4:10 gears
Chromoly bed and engine cage
AC
110,000 miles
Most of the paint is original except fenders and bedsides.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, i love my Ranger also.

The stock steering works perfect. Since all the pivot points are factory, there are no bump steer issues. If I had a 2wd with equal length I beams that is where the swing set steering would come into effect. Since this is a 4wd, equal length I beams is pretty much out of the equation.

It steers like a truck that just rolled off the assembly line.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Thanks, i love my Ranger also.

The stock steering works perfect. Since all the pivot points are factory, there are no bump steer issues. If I had a 2wd with equal length I beams that is where the swing set steering would come into effect. Since this is a 4wd, equal length I beams is pretty much out of the equation.

It steers like a truck that just rolled off the assembly line.
Love the setup. I built a custom long arm TTB and went with a modified stone crusher steering setup with 1 ton T.R.E.s.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Clean & functional (and without the stupid So-Cal sagging rear). I like it. :smokin:

Yeah stock steering is fine as long as shit's not all misaligned by a badly-engineered suspension lift.
I do have to say you need to get it out of the city somewhere and then go jump it. :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
3,887 Posts
Besides the tail lights it looks nice.

I do have to say you need to get it out of the city somewhere and then go jump it. :flipoff2:
Doing jumps in the city are better.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I like the stock tail lights too but they are more expensive to replace, and these were cheap. It has been to the dunes and desert a lot but it kind of is my run around truck nowadays. It sat in the barn for a few years and now that my work truck is in FL I drive it daily.

This is my regular wheeler don't crucify me for not being a Ford. It's small, wheels great, seats my wife and kids and fits in my toy hauler,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts