Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Neither the center or side vents blow any air. The dash and side defrosters both do, however. I'm not sure where I should start looking to resolve this. I suspect it might be a vacuum leak...?

It's a 2003 Wrangler, 4.0 engine. Does this sound like a vacuum line problem? If so, does anyone have a diagram of the lines I should be looking for? Anything else I should check?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The Vacuum line for the vent has come off and all you need to do is push it back it on. Did you recently put a body lift on????? They are usually the cause for it.

·
Dabbler
2,161 Posts
Blowing out the defrost vents is the default position for loss of vacuum.

1. Check the vacuum supply to the control head (console knobs) You should have one hole/line sucking air when turned on, your swicth then just selects which swicth gets the vacuum to open and close. If you do not have a good vacuum source then go to step #2. If you do have a good vacuum source-you have a bad switch or lines between the switch and dash, or the dash vauum switch is bad.

2. Check under the hood for the vacuum source to be broken somewhere, usually a tap off the manifold and/or vacuum canister. (you should be able to hear the leak)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Vacuum line for the vent has come off and all you need to do is push it back it on. Did you recently put a body lift on????? They are usually the cause for it.
I just bought the Wrangler and it's stock height, though the guy who owned it before me was an idiot (I can see he had tape over the interior lights when the doors were off instead of pulling the fuse...) so it's probably been screwed up for a long time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked under the hood and it appears that the main tube going into the center of the dash is just hanging there. I screwed around with it for a couple minutes but it didn't seem to want to go back in... it was raining so I figured it could wait until tomorrow. I expect that's the problem though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.