Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally found out what was clanking around under my rig. My steering how conveinent at least it didn't break when I was out on the trail. Anyways I was just wondering if anybody could tell me. I have a warranty on it for the engine and transmission, transfer case, lift, steering and so forth. So some of the parts are aftermarket on it like idler arm brace and what not. So I have to take it out to a nissan dealership and when they replace it. If but lets hope not they put stock steering stuff under it instead of the aftermarket stuff I have on there from calmini. Would that be really bad because it would just wear out even faster again? I was just wondering about all of it, haven't even talked to anybody else about it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sucks

Well so I looked at it more and its just the idler arm brace thats aftermarket. But the bushing in the idler arm is completely worn out and all the ball joints are toast. So they will need replaced and its under the warranty saying they will have to replace it. Since I don't live anywhere close to the dealer that I got it from I have to find another dealership to do the repair since nobody around here does warranty work.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If there is anything other than stock any where near the broken part chances are they will blame it on the after market part and it will not be covered.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Well your screwed Nismo dont care what broke its gonna get blamed on the after market parts........:barf:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I called the dealer and they said they would fix it. It is still all underwarranty even the lift I have on it. I think the only thing stock on the steering is the Idler Arm Brace. I guess I will find out once I get my license plates from DMV and get it out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts