Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been a long road - Started upgrading this Zuke in 2003. Bought it from Brent at Trail Tough with SPOA, 31's, and no top.

From there we upgraded to this point before the most recent build:

33's, ARB's front and rear, 5.12 gears, 4.16 t-case gears, Mighty Kong, 1.6 16v, Master Craft seats, winch, 6" Bushwacker flares, Trail Tough Wrangler springs and missing links, stinger bumper, and rear tire carrier bumper.

Right now we are here:

41's with 18x10 Rock Stars, 4-link rear, 3-link front, SAW Race Runner 2.0 dual rate coil over shocks front and rear, 4" SAW air bumps, '96 FJ Cruiser front high pinion axle with ARB, '94 Sidekick 3 speed auto trans and Kicker II box from OTT with Toy transfer case, '98 4-Runner e-locker rear axle, 5.29's front and rear, Hellfire Fab Works knuckles, Trail Gear 8" ram and orbital.

This thread will detail the progress from winter 2009 to current and follow along as we complete the build and test.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Nice rig. What length coil over you running and with what spring rates? Been gathering parts and info to link my Sammy but want it to be road worthy around town and be able to kick ass in the trails and rocks.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice rig. What length coil over you running and with what spring rates? Been gathering parts and info to link my Sammy but want it to be road worthy around town and be able to kick ass in the trails and rocks.
Thanks! :D
16" long coil overs in the front with 200# main springs 16" long and 120# tenders 14" long. Both are Eibach. Rears are 14" travel coil overs with 150# main springs 14" long and 125# tenders 12" long.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Love it. Hopeing to link my tin top once I have everything in order. Just trying to find me a yota front axle. But all the ines ive found are just the housing.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
woodzuk i have the 14" saw coilovers sitting in my garage im gonna use them up front and leave the rear leaves. did you do any valving to yours?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
woodzuk i have the 14" saw coilovers sitting in my garage im gonna use them up front and leave the rear leaves. did you do any valving to yours?
no i haven't,they been on the shelf for a year and a half. i just recently made quite a bit of progress.haven't even got to drive it yet :D

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this is my idea of a bad ass zuki.:smokin:
thanks.it's got some badass knuckles on it to. some guy at hell fire fabworks sold them to me :flipoff2: thanks for the knuckles,they got me interested in my zuke again so im finally workin on it :D

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, but they will look so much better with some rockrash:D
agree on the rockrash. theres a little square on them where ur supposed to put the supplied "XD" sticker but i have a sticker guy that's gonna cut me out the suzuki "S" to put on there.maybe in pink so D BOZ is jealous :flipoff2:

Ver cool build indeed!
thx

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Still no more pictures? Wheelbase and width?
wheelbase is gonna be 105 and width is 79" to outside of tires so i'll just squeek through the gate at BL. as for the pics i'm slow, my wife is gonna show me how to upload them this weekend.u want pics of it now or from the start like i was planning

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hoping to have it done by mid spring.only have a few more pricey purchases; longfields for the front,orbital, and some chromo axles for the rear. gonna wheel it without the A.M axles for little while to see how it does. we go every year in august for a week and hit fordyce rubicon and barret. last year it was still closed so we stayed a couple extra days at buck island.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
here is a few pics of the teardown.sold the F&R axles for a 1000$ with springs and shackles and arb compressor,and let him use my shop to do the swap on his rig.gave him the TT high steer also.basically everything to get his on the road and capable

used a sawzall to remove most of the front clip.it was beat up

ended up cutting the frame just about a half inch in front of the radiator mounts.these pics dont show it though. should have just went back to where the frame levels off just in front of the motor mounts but live and learn i guess.

got some sidekick power steering for sale if anybody is interested,pm me. i am keeping the engine pulley though

radiator sits in there crooked and i'm not sure if its like that from the factory or just my zuke. nothing in the front looks tweaked so i'm kinda thinkin its factory

questions or answers flame on :D

1 - 20 of 183 Posts