Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What transfer cases fit this profile: pass drop, FEMALE INPUT SHAFT, some aftermarket support would be nice. I know the D300 fits the bill, and they're badass, but expensive.

does anybody make a coupler with splines for a toy tc on one end and any female splines on the other end?

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
i'm lost. wtf are you trying to do? d300 expensive? are you kidding. try buying a used one instead of ordering a new one from the dealer. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
D300's are a dime a dozen and cheap to boot. $150-200 for a decent one. Cheap to rebuild, HD input & outputs available, low range gear sets, etc...

Expensive????:confused:

Step away from the crack pipe man:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Several GM full size cases fit the bill...

·
Registered
810 Posts
If you think that the 300s are expensive you might want to see about switching hobbies. It only gets worse and worse money wise

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
jeeper111 said:
If you think that the 300s are expensive you might want to see about switching hobbies. It only gets worse and worse money wise
kinda what i was thinkin. did around long enuff and ya can probally dig one up for under 200 bucks.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm lost. wtf are you trying to do? d300 expensive? are you kidding. try buying a used one instead of ordering a new one from the dealer
Ok Camo some of us are on what we call a budget. say it with me now, b--u--d--g--e--t, I know its a strange concept :flipoff2:

Ive been keeping my I out for a few months now and I havent see one for under 300, add shipping to that too. In that time Ive seen several toy cases for ~75 locally. Believe me if I could find a $150 dana 300 I wouldnt be posting this, where should I look?

BadDog, what gm cases specificly, I dont want any pushbutton shift or full-time crap

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Ebay.

Pick N Pull.

I don't think you are gonna find one for less than 250-300 pulled. And besides, that's not the expensive part. The expensive part is the new outputs for the tcase, low gears, and twin stick. By then you are up to about 1k or so.

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
fivetenben said:

Ok Camo some of us are on what we call a budget. say it with me now, b--u--d--g--e--t, I know its a strange concept :flipoff2:

everybody is on a budget. don't kid yourself the only reason my axle is not even more exotic is because i could not afford some of the ideas i had for it. as it is i had to pull alot of reasorses together to get done what i did. and remember it took me almost a year and a half. ok so maybe my budget is larger than some but still if you want a 300 find a way to make it happen. they are good units and worth the effort. keep looking

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
If you are gonna change your tranny, does it really matter what the output is? You can buy adapters for just about every tranny to every tcase.

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
If you want a Dana 300, I just sold one, and have another that is missing the shifter (big deal). I would be glad to sell it to you for $150 + shipping from Michigan. It came out of a CJ-7 that rolled, and worked fine.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you are gonna change your tranny, does it really matter what the output is? You can buy adapters for just about every tranny to every tcase.
if the tranny has a male output, then any tcase that will bolt up to it would have a female input (what Im looking for).

"birds do it, bees do it, even trannys and t-cases do it..."

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
camo said:

kinda what i was thinkin. did around long enuff and ya can probally dig one up for under 200 bucks.
$200...more like 100-50 bucks around here....

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
fivetenben said:

if the tranny has a male output, then any tcase that will bolt up to it would have a female input (what Im looking for).

"birds do it, bees do it, even trannys and t-cases do it..."
Umm... Did you ever think of spline count or shaft diameter? If they are different spline count, they aren't exactly gonna bolt up. :rolleyes: How about you tell us what you are working with.

And BTW, I have a tranny with a male output, and a tcase with a male output, and they did it for me...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts