Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELP! Name this D60 inner C/Knuckle

I picked up a Dana 60 that has two different inner knuckles or C's. One is much beefier than the other one. The center section of the axle appears to be a Dodge and the outer knuckles are Chevy's. Can anyone ID the difference. Here are four different pics of the two different C's

Thanks for any help

Ryan

Small C

Attachments

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
The weld on the small C sucks! Grind it off and reweld it with some heat. The small C looks like a normal one to me though.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Somewhere in the mid 70s dodge used a dana 60 with large Cs on them. They where only made for one year, they are very rare. The large C looks like it is off a industrial dana 70 front.
:usa:

·
Registered
670 Posts
RealJeep Man said:
So is the small C the one that has been known to bend?

Ryan
ryan- the large C is off a open knuckle dana 70 front- i know this because i'm building a open knuckle 70 front for a friend and he provided the C's for the job- they came off of a fork-lift if you want to take a look at a pair i have before i weld them on come on over to my shop. i'll pay for your gas if you bring the dana 30 powerlock i bought from you.:D

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dave will you be around this weekend? And does anyone know where I get get another like this? It makes the small one look really weak.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I have only heard of them bending when used with strong aftermarket knuckles. Don't waste the time and money taking it off and buying a different one just gusset it. GO to the camo 60 thread, and look at the way his C is gusseted, from what i have heard that does good.

Ian-

·
Registered
670 Posts
RealJeep Man said:
Dave will you be around this weekend? And does anyone know where I get get another like this? It makes the small one look really weak.

Ryan
saturday i have to finish a bathroom remodel job i'm doing for my sister. i will be around sunday ryan- give me a call- did you recieve your check yet? dave

·
Registered
497 Posts
stainless steal dave said:
ryan- the large C is off a open knuckle dana 70 front- i know this because i'm building a open knuckle 70 front for a friend and he provided the C's for the job- they came off of a fork-lift if you want to take a look at a pair i have before i weld them on come on over to my shop.
Yep, my 70 front came out of a front steer forklift.
:usa:

·
Newb
3,123 Posts
I've seen several mid 70's Dodge D60's (coincidentally, all full time) with the large inner C's. These were both single and dual wheel axles from trucks, not equipment.

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure they were all OE 4.88 ratio axles.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is there somewhere that I can buy just these knuckles for a D60 front that freind is building?

Ryan

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Whose friend are you refering to. If it is the guy i mentioned he goes by Welder Boy, his real name is Bill, and he is not on the BB. If you want to contact him send Camo a PM and he will set ya up with a Phone #.

Ian-

1 - 20 of 32 Posts