Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to replace my tie rod ends and ran into this. Top is the end I have. Bottom is an FJ80. It is smaller than a stock toyota solid axle end where it threads into the tie rod, but bigger than an FJ80 where it tapers into the high steer arm. I haven't taken any true measurements yet, but maybe thinking chevy 1 ton end? Long story short, I bought my truck with the high steer set up so I don't know what it is. High steer arms are stamped foothill off-road. Any help would be appreciated. I want to attend MCR this weekend for the first time. Thanks!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help guys. Definitely looks similar. My buddy is bringing a spare chevy 1 ton end into work tomorrow so I can compare. Otherwise off to the parts store to find one.

·
popeye
5,625 Posts
i remember those part numbers lol. You may be better off swapping to heims as no one carries those as spares. I eventually swapped to heims on my old extreem off road arms that used the same tre's. Btw i bought those arms back when you couldnt just go online and buy a kit, circa 2001 or so. I believe the same part number had something to do with dodge vans also but the old parts memory is kinda hazy 13 years later

1 - 9 of 9 Posts